RPG Print News – Cubicle 7, Legendary, Goodman, and More

Dungeons & Dragons gets a sea and dungeon adventures and lots of new rules for using ki and kicking monsters to zero hit points and beyond. Wrath & Glory is back with a weighty tome about Machine Spirits and vehicles both Imperial and xeno. HarnWorld has a new kingdom book with all the details inherent in that world. Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG (8th Printing) has had a reprint and has plenty...

Dungeons & Dragons gets a sea and dungeon adventures and lots of new rules for using ki and kicking monsters to zero hit points and beyond. Wrath & Glory is back with a weighty tome about Machine Spirits and vehicles both Imperial and xeno. HarnWorld has a new kingdom book with all the details inherent in that world. Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG (8th Printing) has had a reprint and has plenty of new funky retro adventure support. Finally, there is a new adventure for G.I. Joe RPG complete with classic vehicles like the Snow Cat and the H.I.S.S. tank.

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers through kickstarter or as print on demand.

110 caverns of the sea strangers.JPG

Caverns of the Sea Strangers by Goodman Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $9.99
  • DESCRIPTION: A level 6 sea adventure and dungeon crawl suitable for a group of 6th-level characters. The adventure also has new monsters and a magical artifact. The PCs are hired to find a pirate captain, suddenly active again after having disappeared for many years. His trail leads to Catastrophe Rock, a barren island surrounded by a dangerous atoll known as a death trap for ships. The PCs must brave the dangerous waterway, find the villain’s lair, put an end to his days of plunder and killing, and face all the worse things that also live in the Rock. Of course, knowing my PCs, they might just join him, then murder him, and take over his ship and crew.
110 the way of ki.JPG
110 meditations.JPG
110 the way of ki expanded.JPG

The Way of Ki | Meditations of the Imperial Mystics | The Way of Ki - Expanded by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $14.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The Way of Ki has rules four using ki or spirit energy including 60 new ki feats. Also has new samurai and ninja archetypes. Meditations of the Imperial Mystics brings together the sublime secrets of joining mind, body, and spirit with the study of magic. Includes feats, spells, and new class options for dealing with ki, ideal not just for monks but spellcasters too. The Way of Ki – Expanded combines The Way of Ki and Meditations of Imperial Mystics. Yes it is a better deal than the first two if you don’t already own one of the other two books.
110 church of steel.JPG

Church of Steel by Cubicle 7 Games
  • SYSTEM: Wrath & Glory RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $34.95
  • DESCRIPTION: A detailed exploration of the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Machine Cult in the Gilead System, customizing a vehicle’s appearance and quirks and history, and the nature of Machine Spirits in Imperial vehicles as well as how xenos species view their own vehicles. Also has guidance for incorporating travel from interplanetary voyages to treks across planetary wasteland and journeys through massive hive cities, vehicle rules including combat, upgrading vehicle performance, adding new wargear and weapons, and over a hundred vehicles from tanks, to troop carriers, to personal flyers, including a section on Necron vehicles and the mysterious living metal necrodermis.
110 kingdo of melderyn.JPG

Kingdom of Melderyn by Columbia Games
  • SYSTEM: HarnMaster HarnWorld
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.99
  • DESCRIPTION: The political, religious, and esoteric factions active in Melderyn, Hârn's oldest kingdom, provide a variety of opportunities for adventure. Named for the island off the southeast coast of Hârn, the many strange goings-on and mystical persons attributed to the island, which is commonly called "The Wizards' Isle", have given the realm a reputation as a place of mystery and enchantment. The kingdom is the gateway for trade and travel between Hârn and the realms of the Lythian continent. Three barbarian tribal nations inhabit the land and nomadic gargun (Hârnic orcs) prowl the northern reaches of the realm. Melderyni knights and adventurers have carved out petty kingdoms and joined causes that stained Hârn with blood, including a current crusade waged by the Laranian Order of the Lady of Paladins against the Solori tribes. This entry nearly broke my spellchecker.
110 dcc.JPG
110 night of the bog beast.JPG

Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG (8th Printing) | Night of the Bog Beast by Goodman Games
  • SYSTEM: OGL system that combines Appendix N with a streamlined version of 3E
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover core rulebook/softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $29.00/$9.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Reprint of the DCC RPG now available. D20 fantasy with a 70s heavy metal vibe. A PC may be one of seven classes and spells use a chart of varying levels of mayhem. PCs explore dungeons and go hex crawling. It uses weird dice (weird even by gamer standards) and has a funky fetid retro feel. Night of the Bog Beast is a perfect companion, a level 2 horror mystery adventure set in the alligator-infested waterways of the Twilight Marsh harbor. The child Little Idris went missing but has now been found. Despite being questioned, Little Idris said nothing. She only smiled. Yeah, it’ll be fine. But something ancient has stirred in the swamp and now, of course, it will try to murder the PCs in horrible ways.
110 palace of unquiet.JPG

Palace of Unquiet Repose by Merciless Merchants
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $20
  • DESCRIPTION: A level 3 adventure for DCC RPG. In the sunken depths of the earth, the Palace awaits. Of course, the PCs go inside. And inside? Inside is Uyu-Yadmogh. Prince of Princes. Archmage. Devourer of Children. Under the earth, he built himself a palace in which he could abide eternity. But he is stirring, the PCs show up, and he tries to kill them.
110 operation cold.JPG

Operation Cold Iron by Renegade Game Studios
  • SYSTEM: G.I. Joe RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $45
  • DESCRIPTION: Picking up where The Emerald Oubliette leaves off, this four-part adventure takes 3-6 Joes from level 2 all the way up to level 6. This world trotting adventure takes the PCs from the fiery deserts of Addis Ababa to the frozen plateaus of Siberia. Includes G.I. JOE vehicles the Polar Battle Bear and the Snow Cat and Cobra tech like the H.I.S.S. Tank and S.N.A.K.E. Armor. Even as a kid, though, I always wondered who’d want to be in the open turret of a H.I.S.S. tank. Too bad G.I. Joe didn’t recruit a sniper. Also, did Cobra Commander really have explosives all around his neck just so his helmet couldn’t be removed? Really?

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Even as a kid, though, I always wondered who’d want to be in the open turret of a H.I.S.S. tank.
I joined Cobra for the devil may care attitude. I want to feel the wind in my hair and the open road. I ride my motorcycle without a helmet and I don't need your rules holding me back. Freedom man! Embrace it @Cobra

Also we watched a ton of training videos about jumping out of vehicles right before they explode. we skip marksmanship practice just to these bail out drills. Being in the open helps with this. We haven't lost a single soldier in battle thanks to are unconventional designs.

agrayday

Explorer
I didnt see this in the news, but Mongoose has relased their official "State of the Mongoose" article:
"Mongoose Publishing is just finishing its 21st year in business, and we are still here! 2022 was a very interesting year for us and there is lots to talk about. This is a long one, so grab yourself a coffee and settle in for a read…"

Remove ads

Remove ads