RPG Print News – Goodman, Legendary, CMON, Son of Oak, and More

So much d20 fantasy this week including a new world and kingdom event cards for D&D, spell cards for Pathfinder, and Lankhmar and adventures for DCC/MCC RPG. Also, Stargate SG-1 RPG is out and uses the OGL derived from D&D. Deadlands gets a cattle drive from hell adventure and City of Mist and Zombicide Chronicles get supplements. And there is a new world and a new city to explore via new...
So much d20 fantasy this week including a new world and kingdom event cards for D&D, spell cards for Pathfinder, and Lankhmar and adventures for DCC/MCC RPG. Also, Stargate SG-1 RPG is out and uses the OGL derived from D&D. Deadlands gets a cattle drive from hell adventure and City of Mist and Zombicide Chronicles get supplements. And there is a new world and a new city to explore via new RPGs. The secrets in City of Mist Shadows & Showdowns are especially intriguing and I can’t wait to dive into that supplement.
54 eldritch century.JPG
Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from online retailers. It does not cover products that are only available to customers through kickstarter, directly from a publisher website, or as print on demand.

Eldritch Century by Draco Studios
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition and Draco System
  • PRODUCT TYPE: two hardcovers in a slipcase
  • RETAIL PRICE: $89.99
  • DESCRIPTION: A pre-apocalyptic alternate-history world. Starting in 1918, Europe has been consumed by the Miasma, a thick fog that corrupts everything within. By the year 1984, the Wounded Earth has changed, with six powerful factions threatening each other and fighting the coldest of wars. Includes an Eldritch Bestiary.
54 ultimate kingdoms.JPG
54 primal advanced spell cards.JPG
Ultimate Kingdoms - Kingdom Event Cards | Primal Advanced Spell Cards - 3rd-10th Level by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition/Pathfinder 2nd Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: deck of 56/104 cards
  • RETAIL PRICE: $14.99/$21.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Kingdom Event Cards features dozens of beneficial and dangerous special kingdom events from carnivals and smugglers to an inquisition or assassination attempt. Works well when combined with Ultimate Kingdoms. The Primal Advanced Spell Cards include all primal spells from 3rd-level standby spells to the mightiest 10th-level enchantments with complete rules for every spell. Spells are placed one to a card, save a handful of highly complex spells spread over two to three cards. Check out the companion Basic sets for each spellcasting tradition.
54 stargate.JPG
Stargate SG-1 RPG By Wyvern Gaming
  • SYSTEM: OGL derived from Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rules
  • RETAIL PRICE: $59.99
  • DESCRIPTION: PCs are recruited by Stargate Command (SGC) to defend the galaxy against the Goa’uld System Lords. Stationed at the secret Phoenix Site, PCs adventure through the Stargate on journies to known and unknown worlds where the future of civilizations may be decided. Includes five races, six classes, and a several origins. Also has classless leveling after lever 5, Determination Points and Moxie for social turn order, and new Goa'uld, planets, allies, and life forms.
54 the greatest thieves.JPG

The Greatest Thieves in Lankhmar By Goodman Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics Lankhmar
  • PRODUCT TYPE: boxed set adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $59.99
  • DESCRIPTION: From the most famous city in the history of fantasy comes a sword-and-sorcery adventure to test the finest gamers! The Greatest Thieves in Lankhmar is a level 3 Dungeon Crawl Classics boxed set that sends characters into the hot cellars beneath Thieves House, across the sooty rooftops of the City of Sevenscore Thousand Smokes, and on to a mad dash through the palace of the Overlord. Featuring design leads Harley Stroh and Marc Bruner with cover art by Doug Kovacs, this boxed set comes with everything you need to run an epic adventure over several sessions, whether you run it as a tournament or as part of an ongoing campaign.
54 welcome to eastwood.JPG
Welcome to Eastwood by Studio 9 Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG/Mutant Crawl Classics RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover module
  • RETAIL PRICE: $9.99
  • DESCRIPTION: PCs stumble upon a strange “village” that mysteriously appears overnight. Getting into Eastwood is simple, but surviving its madness and escaping proves to be a deadly challenge. The ultimate futuristic vacation theme park was equipped with a temporal field so after weeks in the park visitors returned home at the exact time they left. But neglect of its systems throws the entire park into distant pasts and futures.
54 crypt of the science.JPG

Crypt of the Science-Wizard by Skeeter Green Productions
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG/Mutant Crawl Classics RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: adventure with alternative cover
  • RETAIL PRICE: $30
  • DESCRIPTION: For 1st-level PCs who find the lost crypt of Kersete. The PCs heard there were fabulous treasures to be had if one could only navigate the tricks and traps of his tomb. Of course, no one who ever sought his tomb has returned to tell the tale. But PCs tend to have a high level of grit, guile, and greed. This version appears to be the hardcover version based on cover and price but Noble Knight lists it as softcover.
54 blood drive.JPG
Blood Drive by Pinnacle
  • SYSTEM: Deadlands – The Weird West
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover adventure with extras
  • RETAIL PRICE: $84.95
  • DESCRIPTION: An old-fashioned cattle drive from Hell. This twisted tale takes a PC posse of hard-riding drovers and their Texas Longhorns from the rolling hills of Texas through swollen streams in Colorado, the mountain passes of New Mexico, the haunted prairies of Wyoming, and more. The weirdness escalates along the way, slowly exposing the PCs to the true horrors of the Weird West.
54 shadows and showdowns.JPG

Shadows & Showdowns by Son of Oak
  • SYSTEM: City of Mist
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $45
  • OTHER RELATED RPG NEWS: City of Mist Starter Box First Look, City of Mist review
  • DESCRIPTION: In the City, PCs are neo-noir Rifts, a mix of mundane citizen and legendary myth whose powers are cloaked by the Mist. This supplement unravels what lies behind the veil of the Mist, more about the City, the power of the Mist, and what lies beyond the Mist.
54 zombicide field guide.JPG

Zombicide Chronicles Field Guide by CoolMiniOrNot (CMON)
  • SYSTEM: Zombicide Chronicles
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook/GM starter kit/softcover adventures
  • RETAIL PRICE: $24.95
  • DESCRIPTION: Adds new Survivor archetypes, new weapons, new gear, rumors, and new skills.
54 wanderhome.JPG
Wanderhome by Possum Creek Games
  • SYSTEM: diceless, GMless, Belonging Outside Belonging Engine
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover rulebook
  • RETAIL PRICE: $66
  • DESCRIPTION: A pastoral fantasy role-playing game. PCs are traveling animal-folk who explore the world of Haeth and the way the seasons change. PCs might be opossums in sundresses or salamanders with suspenders experiencing mossy shrines, starry night skies, and beautiful sunsets. Other PCs might be a tamarin who dances with small and forgotten gods, a leporine mail carrier who relies on moths to get packages where they belong, or a little lizard with a big heart and a mysterious past.

54 sig.JPG
Sig - City of Blades by Genesis of Legend
  • SYSTEM: Forged in the Dark
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover rulebook
  • RETAIL PRICE: $50
  • DESCRIPTION: PCs play Freebooters in service to one of the factions of the mighty city of Sig. Sig is the nexus of the multiverse where eternal planes and infinite primes meet. It’s a city driven by greed and profit inhabited by gods, demons, and stranger things. The throne lies empty and criminal factions battle for control. PCs are clever spies, renegade sorcerers, and reckless smugglers; the best of the best and the worst of the worst. The PCs faction depends on them to perform vital missions to seize territory and coin from their rivals. It’s a place where opposites meet, trading knives and kisses in equal measure.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Nothing speaks to me this week. The SG-1 cover is a turn off for me.

In other news The Modern AGE Mastery Guide by Green Ronin just went up for pre-order. It's a book I'm really looking forward to. Offers alternate ways to play. One of them is diceless which is very intriguing since AGE uses dice to trigger stunts.

ruemere

Adventurer
Shadows & Showdowns by Son of Oak
This is a GM's toolkit book. It contains 312 pages of goodness:
6 new themebooks.
Support material for developing characters further (alternatives, tropes).
Overlooked attractions - some incredible stuff to spice a game.
More movers and shakers - the weird folk on the par with good old antagonist of the corebook.
Alternative campaign concept - you played the mages, now have fun playing witchhunters.

Last edited:

Dire Bare

Legend
Nothing speaks to me this week. The SG-1 cover is a turn off for me.

In other news The Modern AGE Mastery Guide by Green Ronin just went up for pre-order. It's a book I'm really looking forward to. Offers alternate ways to play. One of them is diceless which is very intriguing since AGE uses dice to trigger stunts.

I backed the SG-1 Kickstarter also . . . I don't have an opinion on the game itself yet, as I haven't played or tried to absorb the rules . . . but ALL of the art on the project is awful, cover and interior. It's actually sapped my desire to really dive into the game itself, the art is such a turn-off.

The previous SG-1 RPG, which was based on D&D 3E, used photos from the tv series . . . . and the books were beautiful. Again, not familiar enough with the game itself to judge, but . . . . I wonder why this incarnation didn't go with series photos or some half-decent artwork.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I backed the SG-1 Kickstarter also . . . I don't have an opinion on the game itself yet, as I haven't played or tried to absorb the rules . . . but ALL of the art on the project is awful, cover and interior. It's actually sapped my desire to really dive into the game itself, the art is such a turn-off.

The previous SG-1 RPG, which was based on D&D 3E, used photos from the tv series . . . . and the books were beautiful. Again, not familiar enough with the game itself to judge, but . . . . I wonder why this incarnation didn't go with series photos or some half-decent artwork.
Using actual IP pictures must far more expensive. Also, maybe they weren't simply allowed for some undisclosed reason. There is talk of a reboot.

Remove ads

Remove ads