• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGNow Sales Numbers Update

USA vrs. Non-US?

I've found that 37.5% of all my customers are coming from outside the USA.. How's this compare with all you other PDF'ers out there?

edit: hrm.. only 25% of all the previews were from people outside the USA...

joe b.

Last edited:

Re: USA vrs. Non-US?

jgbrowning said:
I've found that 37.5% of all my customers are coming from outside the USA.. How's this compare with all you other PDF'ers out there?
Based on customer email addresses at RPGNow, I get 10%. I remember early sales had a higher percentage of non-usa email addresses.

Blacksad

Explorer
Re: Re: USA vrs. Non-US?

jmucchiello said:
Based on customer email addresses at RPGNow, I get 10%. I remember early sales had a higher percentage of non-usa email addresses.

with hotmail.com, and other such services, you might have a higher percentage than that in fact. Don't you have acces to the country of the customer?

Last edited:

rpghost

First Post
Re: Re: Re: USA vrs. Non-US?

Blacksad said:
with hotmail.com, and other such services, you might have a higher percebtage than that in fact. Don't you have acces to the country of the customer?

You have now. Under the sales sources in your vendor area I added a quick summary of countries of customers.

James

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Thank you!

This is very informative. It would appear that just as with print, the PDF market is dominated by US sales. At least, that's what my numbers show.

I now understand why the time I tried an A4 version there was no response. 95% of the people buying the PDF didn't need an A4 version.

Re: Re: Re: Re: USA vrs. Non-US?

rpghost said:

You have now. Under the sales sources in your vendor area I added a quick summary of countries of customers.

James

Thank you! This is much faster than doing it by hand...

A Magical Medieval Society:WE ** 78 sold/ 35.8% outside USA
out of 1007 views 78 sold for a view to sales ratio of 12.9
($10 PDF on sale for 5 days.)

MMS:WE-free preview **336 sold/ 29.1% outside the USA
out of 1581 views 336 sold for a view to sales ratio of 4.7
(Free PDF on sale for 14 days.)

**I haven't taken the time to see how many people who got the preview actually went on to buy the book... i'll probably do that sometime when my mind is utterly numb... It'd be boring to do, but useful information**

So far I'm very happy with the sales, but i'm trying to figure out how to get the word out to a larger market. Part of me wants to just pop up on every thread and go..
"Hey you! buy my book! You'll like it. Its really good. No, really" :) But that's uhum... rather poor form.

I'm also trying to figure out how to increase my view to sales ratio, but that seems even a more arcane process.

I imagine that once i get a few reviews from people here on ENworld who's opinions are highly valued i'll see sales pick up a bit. Anyone have suggestions? I'm always willing to learn to do better...

thanks!

joe b.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Web enhancements, and reviews...
(yes I've bought a copy but haven't got time to look through the monster yet.)

Krug said:
Web enhancements, and reviews...
(yes I've bought a copy but haven't got time to look through the monster yet.)

good... I've got 3 or so web enhancements so far and one review... i expect many people are in a similiar situation as you Krug, where they've gotten it, but simply haven't had time to read it well enough to post a review they'd be comfortable with.

thanks for the response, glad to see im doing some of it right at least.. :)

joe b.

Remove ads