• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RToEE good, but THIS good?

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Christian said:
Criminy! I'm suddenly pondering putting my copy up for sale ... Cash in my Paypal account instead of gathering dust on a shelf. Definite thumbs up. (Of course, I'll just blow it instantly on miniatures, but hey!)
Me too. Heck even if I get $20 for it, that's $20 I can spend at GenCon.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Someone should email Monte with that link so He can check it out for himself. I don't think its His personel copy.

devoblue

First Post
Of all the stuff that sits on my shelf and is never used, for some reason this is one of the few which I have no intention of selling. Maybe others feel the same way which is why it commands such a price when second hand.

Turjan

Explorer
KenM said:
Someone should email Monte with that link so He can check it out for himself. I don't think its His personel copy.
Why do you want to know? You want to bid more :D? It doesn't say anywhere that it is Monte's personal copy. He can use his notes, anyway.

I haven't used my copy in a game, and I doubt I ever will. It's a pity that such things usually only work once, otherwise I'd sell it ;).

Edit: It's really crazy. There were also other books from the same seller that sold a bit pricey. Unearthed Arcana went for $21.00 plus $4.00 shipping. The link to amazon in the description shows it for $23.07 new with the option to qualify for free shipping *shrug*. Well, that's still nothing compared to those $77.50, though.

Last edited:

Oryan77

Adventurer
Sometimes people are really lazy and think that just because they get it on Ebay that it's a better deal. They don't shop around to compare prices. This happens a lot on computer equipment. I always see people bid more on a used Dell Computer than what it would cost brand new from Dell....with free shipping.

I don't get it :\

Ron

Explorer
francisca said:
Well, (ALL - 1), maybe. I didn't find it to be particularly good. Certainly not $77 good.

Agree. I actually thought it to be rather weak. I've read parts of it after I played with another DM and thought it to be full of crap. If I had brought it by myself I would likely give it for free to a friend if not trashed it just after reading it (I've done it several times).

JoeBlank

Explorer
I picked mine up a few weeks ago at a local used bookstore for half of cover price. Doubt I will ever run it, but I may steal a few ideas from it.

Ebay is a strange little universe. I do think there are plenty of people who look only on Ebay and fail to check Amazon, or other places in the real world.

IronWolf said:
That is just insane! I see the guy says "Personal copy of Monte Cook's d20 Adventure Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil for Dungeons and Dragons 3.x.". Do you think people are reading that and think it is Monte Cook's personal copy? Sounds to me its the *sellers* personal copy, not much more than that.

When I read the auction, that's what I originally thought. Then reading it again, it definitly seems like it's the sellers personal copy. That's a pooly worded auction. Especially since Monte occasionally sells stuff on Ebay, and if you knew that, you might think this was one of his items. I have a feeling the buyer is either going to be very disappointed, or not come through on his payment.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Poorly worded my arse. That is one smart SOB. I wonder if he will get the $$$$ for it. When reading carefully, it is clear that the seller is selling his personal copy, but at first glance, it makes you think it is Monte's. Buyer always be ware on EBAY.

Remove ads