• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RttToEE: The moathouse cultists escape! Now what?

My wife ran this mod. I did not.

Her advice:
THEY'RE ALL NUTTERS. They don't have to leave the moathouse. There's stuff they want there. They can make sure that the party doesn't bring back reinforcements by holding a tea party outside the moathouse, serve mudpies and kill a hare in heat, a doormouse, and a haberdasher/alchemist. Make it look like they all walked off to H.D. Thoreau's house by Walden pond, and nobody else would ever look for them at the moathouse again! THEY'RE ALL NUTTERS.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
My wife ran this mod. I did not.

Her advice:
THEY'RE ALL NUTTERS. They don't have to leave the moathouse.

Precisely! And I am not just saying that 'cause of Mr. Cook posting. (great post btw MC)

In my case, boy have they lingered: their still looking for stuff, and the'll get those adventureres yet, (and I am pretty lazy and want to get as much out of the moathouse as I can).

Infiniti2000

First Post
JamesL85 said:
I'm assuming, since you mentioned montecook.com, that you're aware of the 3.5 conversion that the guys on his EZBoard did???

If not, and even if you know, someone else might benefit, the link is here. For those unaware, there is a whole forum for Monte's products here.

James
Thanks for the link, James. We spent a number of hard-working months on that conversion, so we hope it gets a lot of use. :D

I did the howler conversion myself and I used the 12HD version IMC. My group had 7 PCs though, all 6-7th level, so it was not an auto-TPK. But, it was not pretty. 3 characters (2 PCs and Xaod) dropped to -9, only to get saved in the nick of time. It was a great battle though.

They're all nutters, indeed. Truer words were never spoken. ;)

Agamon

Adventurer
Crud. I should have had a look around for an official 3.5 conversion. We're almost done the CWM, and it's been a bit of work getting all the NPCs in line. The conversion doc will come in handy for the rest of the mod. Thanks for the link. A lot of other good ideas over on Monte's boards, too. I like...

JamesL85

First Post
Monte's boards are an incredible resource......I can't remember who the author was of the idea that I used, but it involved the change from 3rd to 3.5, and it involved a huge storm with purple lightning and such (ominous Tharizdun signs), with the characters waking up realizing that something had touched their plane, and things had changed......Pretty cool.....

James

JamesL85

First Post
As an aside......The characters in my group found all the items in the moathouse and actually sent the two half-orcs in as scouts (pretending to be reinforcements) and actually succeeded in garnering VALUABLE information from the gate guards......

Just thought I'd throw that out as an FYI....

James

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads