• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ruik's Carrion Crown Pt1

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
Kyrus, notices the sudden drop in temperature in the next room as Gor breaths and he is able to see his breath. His mind begins to whirl with possible answers to this puzzle.

OOC: sorry dude totally forgot to post that Mal only saw something when he was using his detect undead. Ill be sure not to glance over that stuff in the future. But on another note you get to roll for init now to act in a suprise round.....also roll Know(religion) as that seems to be the only way to identify how haunts work :p

The Joker

First Post
Kyrus dug deep within his mind, almost reaching a trance like state. Although the speed of thought is almost incomprehensible when compared to the standard measurement of even a second, Kyrus went back and relived random days of when he was back in the academy, learning of the dead. Although outwardly it only took a second, the lifetime of images and feelings of days gone by flooded his vision making it hard to sort anything out, but he knew he had some knowledge on this subject locked away. The images flew past him as if in a whirlwind while he franticly looked for the memory…

Last edited:

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
OOC: alrighty kyrus you beat the DC by 15 so you get 3 questions about the haunt. First off though this is a Cold spot haunt :p. Questions that can be asked about haunts are: what caster level is it? How much HP does it have? What are its weaknesses? What is the effect? How does one destroy it?

also i still need an init check from Kyrus and Mal to act in the suprise round

The Joker

First Post
... (will be edited upon questions answered)

1:what is the effect
2:what are its weaknesses
3:how does one destroy it

Last edited:

saphyre_wolf

First Post
Zatira will immediately follow gor and says, "I vote I will go with the men as well I'm not afraid to get hurt by a ghost." drawing her spiked chson just to be on the safe side.

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
As Zatira, pulls out her spiked chain, she is able to see and feel the air in the next room getting colder and colder.

OOC: Zatira, you have made the perception dc to notice the haunt, roll init.

Effect: All creatures in the effect area of the haunt take 1d6 points of negative energy damage. WIll dc 11 negates. Living creatures also take 1 str damage unless they make a fort save.

Weakness: A haunt can be damaged by positive energy (channeling, heal spells, etc.) but this haunt also can be damaged by fire.

Destruction: This haunt will reset after 1 hour. Only calming enough spirits in the Harrowstone will permanently destroy it.

Remove ads