(Rules-Meta-YB) YB Items

@1 - No, no fighter should have more than one active "item" (why not keep calling it 'an artifact'?). At least not in any fight. If we decide to have multiple artifacts per fighter (*shudder* ;)), I propose the fighters are limited to one item per fight.

@2 - I don't know. If we remove the item base cost I think the first power should be more expensive regardless.

@3 - I agree with Zappo; Pure/Foul Spirit as activated power. Flat out "No!" to Profiteer and Crowd Pleaser as this would create Yen inflation and undermine the balance of the paths.

@4 - I agree with Phoenix.

Wicht

Hero
Incidentally - and just curious - reflecting on pure spirit and foul spirit - who would purchase pure spirit for an item? And why would you spend the money on an ability to pick the length of a match instead of an ability to help you win that match? Is it really worth putting these into the mix? :)

Wicht

Hero
Left-handed Hummingbird said:
I don't know? Some characters might find it important?

Well, I will grant some might want foul spirit for IC reasons :)

But pure spirit simply means you automatically lose insult rounds. Why not just forfeit the insult round without paying 5 yen (or more) for the privilege of doing so?

Jackal

First Post
Left-handed Hummingbird said:
@1 - No, no fighter should have more than one active "item" (why not keep calling it 'an artifact'?). At least not in any fight. If we decide to have multiple artifacts per fighter (*shudder* ;)), I propose the fighters are limited to one item per fight.

@2 - I don't know. If we remove the item base cost I think the first power should be more expensive regardless.

@3 - I agree with Zappo; Pure/Foul Spirit as activated power. Flat out "No!" to Profiteer and Crowd Pleaser as this would create Yen inflation and undermine the balance of the paths.

@4 - I agree with Phoenix.

I agree with the above.

Wicht

Hero
Here is another item idea. I haven't added it cuz I am not certain about it but I think it is likely balanced. Opinions?

Charmed Once per fight per charmed possessed, the fighter may reduce the point total of any successful attack against him to only 1 point. This is an at will power.

Berandor

lunatic
1. One item to wield them all

2. initial costs welcome

3. Foul Spirit/Pure Spirit yes, the other no. BTW, Berandor WOULD have bought Pure Spirit for the item, he forfeited the insult rounds only because he didn't have this power.

4. No idea. Charmed? I dunno.
Marked: If you use the mark power in a fight, you may not mark the fighter you are fighting. You must wait for the next fight with him.
Otherwise, this could become a vicious circle. Losing because of mark, and being marked in the process...

Berandor

Rathan

First Post
my votes

1.) One item.... no more....

2.) I'd say....let the item be free or a gift from someone.... just make the power you have to buy...not the item as well....

3.) foul/pure sprit are ok......but HELL NO to those two sash powers.....

4a.) Holy Avenger/Foul Blade....... I'm thining these two would be VERY expensive.......but the idea would be well..... they would be able to do "draw over's" or "coversions" in battle.... you know what I mean??? thing is...it comes with a sting if it fails.... loss of two ranks.......... or if sucsessfull...... gain of two ranks......... oh yea.... this would HAVE to be one shot...... now way could this be used "at will"..... :)

4b.) as well.... maybe a Mind Thief ability power??? I really don't know about this one tho..... this one would be expensive as well...

Zappo

Explorer
No, I don't think super-powerful and super-expensive abilities should be in. That would really be too much an advantage for the sashes.

I *can't* see what's the problem with owning multiple items when only one of them is permanent and all the others are destroyed after use, while I've given many reasons in favor of doing so. Anyone explain? :confused:

Remove ads