D&D 5E Rules Question: What are the effects of being Size Small?

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
As far as I can tell, the only effects in 5E are
1> You can Squeeze through a size Tiny space
2> You have disadvantage on attacks if you use a weapon with the Heavy quality.

Is that it? 3.5 and pathfinder have a LOT of size related rules that I keep getting mixed up in my head with 5E stuff, just want to make sure I've got things straight.

Thanks

Satyrn

First Post
Small creatures can also move through a Large enemy's space, while Medium creatures can move through a huge enemy's

Or larger, of course.

It also affects which creatures you can ride as mounts, and therefore whether or not going mounted for extra mobility/damage is feasible in certain locations.

Someone else already mentioned the movement rules, but remember that they're reciprocal: Large creatures can move through Small creatures' spaces but not Medium. Small creatures make poor tanks.

But yeah, basically, it only affects a few corner cases and not the main game. It doesn't even affect carrying capacity.

Satyrn

First Post
But yeah, basically, it only affects a few corner cases and not the main game. It doesn't even affect carrying capacity.
Which is good, since it also doesn't affect the weight of Small gear.

I'm fine with that since it just removes the step of dividing the variables on both sides of the equation. And since I'm not a simulationist, or whatever the appropriate Forge term is.

Remove ads