[rumor, not fact!] Hasbro selling off WotC

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I'm probably too late, but... :D

Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

TheGM

First Post
Rykion said:
I hear the most likely buyer is McDonalds. They have major plans. D&D Miniatures will only be available as the toys in Happy Meals. 4th Edition will be released on the wrappers and boxes that sandwiches come in. You'll have to buy Big Macs buy the case to have a chance to collect the full rules. The Clown class will replace Bard, and Ronald will be the iconic example. All the other characters will get stats in the first setting, McDonaldland Beyond the Playplace.

This is different from today... How? Oh! You get all that McDoncalds food to go with your incremental rules bloat and you'll have to play Russian Roulette to get your mini one at a time instead of in a box!! Wonder if I'll be able to insist that I don't want any of the new printing of the BoVD on my Big Mac box?

Got it! ;)

Don.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
dmccoy1693 said:
Ok, lets assume for a second that all the WotC poeople here are telling the absolute truth (OMG, believe the man?!?! Are you out of your mind?).

Of course they're telling the truth.

Hasbro isn't selling WotC.

Hasbro is selling Hasbro... :D

DItheringFool

First Post
Adso said:
Wow. All I can say is...well...very, very, very not true.
I can dream though...but in my dream a certian ex-magazine publisher buys WotC and fires all the top brass so that the love of the game flows freely for evermore...

Abisashi

First Post
Maybe Llorwyn will be a setting for both M:tG and D&D? I doubt it, but that seem more reasonable than WotC being sold.

As an interesting note to add to speculation, I wasn't aware there is going to be a big general Wizards thing this Thursday, but I did know that there will be a big Magic announcement this Thursday. Mark Rosewater (Head Designer for Magic: The Gathering) said on Monday
Mark Rosewater said:
Wondering where the feature article is for today? Have no fear. It'll be here on Thursday bigger and better than ever. I wouldn't miss it, as we're showing off something that in my college town (that would be Boston for those that don't remember minutia like that) we'd refer to as "wicked awesome." But that's Thursday."

Edit: Did I make a large number of tense errors?

Last edited:

borc killer

First Post
Treebore said:
They don't drink. They swim.

I can personally attest to this fact.

I have never in my life drank more than at the dozens and dozens of cons were I volunteered for WotC. Knowing people with ‘per diem’ is a good thing.

Halivar

First Post
Palladium is buying WotC; they feel they can help revitalize the stale ruleset with some mechanics ideas they've got. Nyarlathotep will be editor-in-chief.

Abisashi

First Post
The announcement is almost certainly about M:tG, and is almost certainly
that Planeswalker is the first card type since Alpha (ignoring Mana Source). Link is here.
Which is hopefully awesome, and probably something 90%+ of ENWorld doesn't care about.

Remove ads