• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God IC

s@squ@tch

First Post
Constable's Office

After Ari, Zazz, and Alessin look over the horrific piece of skin, they all realize that they do not know what language it is written in.

Ari looks over the vials that they were able to recover from Hulbar and Donovan, and notices that they taste similar to the healing potions that he had in his inventory, but stronger -- the almond flavor was muted by the emergence of the rosemary note. (2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Stonefist, M Dwarven Monk 2 (HP: 6/19)

"I can only read Common and Dwarven." Stonefist offers. "Now the question is this: how deep in this town does this infection spread? If we declare these men traitors, does the whole town turn on us en masse? What do you think, Roland, being from here you may know better than us who or how many have acted strangely of late." the dwarf finishes before falling silent again.

Last edited:

scranford

Explorer
Gideon Novak - Human Mercenary

"I picked up a little Goblin in the Campaign of Bricks Ridge, if that will help". "And if either of those vials contains a curative potion, I could use that also". Gideon says rising unsteadily to his feet, and approaching the group.

Gideon looks at Ari. "I might be able to turn you into a proper warrior yet." I like the way you're thinking".

Rhun

First Post
The raven-haired elf again shakes his head at Gideon's words. "No, it is not elvish, goblin or draconic. I am fluent in those tongues, as well as common. This must be something else. Considering it is written on human flesh, in blood, I wouldn't rule out the languages of the lower planes."

Roland, Human Cleric of Pelor

Roland is attending those who need healing
Two more boosted clw for 11 points.

Most of my life I spent in the holy church of the shining one, taking care of the sick and wounded, four months ago, someone burned the church and this vile man …
He points to the body of the constable.
Never lifted a finger to find the responsible, I was on my way out of town, leaving this place after I was noticed that I'm not welcome anymore, but now, I think blessed Pelor wants me to stay and investigate what's going on over here … it's a signal.

Looking over the bodies he remarks.
We must bury them, we can't leave them like this … as for the town, I'm nto sure how they will react, and that is why we must keep those deaths in secret until time will tell us otherwise.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ari the Flame

Ari pockets one of the potions and hands the other to Gideon in case the priest isn't able to soothe enough of his wounds. They are healing potions, he says, but a bit more potent than the ones we found before. I'll hold on to one for safe-keeping since I tend to stay out of the fray. Based on the way things are looking right now, I imagine we will need it later.

Assuming the writing it to be something from the lower planes is not altogether unheard of, but honestly, I would expect it to be a bit more mundane. I could be wrong of course, but I rarely ever am.
He clearly does not mean this as a joke.

Hearing Roland's suggestions, Ari nods, Furtive disposal of the bodies then. Easy enough. I am thinking that with the way this village has reacted, we could hole up here until nightfall and dispose of the bodies then without anyone noticing. People in this town seem to have either little need for the law or little need to report anything to them, judging by these disused documents.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Stonefist, M Dwarven Monk 2 (HP: 6/19)

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Roland is attending those who need healing
Two more boosted clw for 11 points.
If someone else needs one of these more than Stonefist, then he'll use one of his Cure Light Potions to increase his HP's up from 6.

scranford

Explorer
Gideon Novak

Gideon smiles as the Priests healing magic works its wonders. "Ahh that will do me just fine." " A good nights sleep and I'll be good as new". Can someone else hold this bandage while I tie it off?" (Anyone with the healing skill so Gideon can heal better with tonights sleep) "i can dig better if the remaining wounds are reopening."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Current status:

Alessin: 5/12
Stonefist: 6/19
Zazz: 13/13
Roland: 15/17
Gideon: 17/25
Ari: Fully healed

Total used so far: 3 pot's CLW, 2 CLW's from Roland.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads