• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God IC

Rhun

First Post
Zazz, feeling much better now that his wounds are healed, leans casually back in one of the chairs. "So what's all this I hear about strange behavior and such in the town? I was just passing through and the sheriff and his louts decided that a lone elf would be a fun target to pummel. Didn't have much of a chance to really talk with anyone living here."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Constable's Office

With piece of dried human skin laying on the desk, two of the elves, Alessin and Ari, begin to take a look at it to determine what it means, or even which language it is written in.

Ari, with his increased knowledge and work in the deciphering of texts and scripts, is unable to determine what exactly the language is, but he thinks it might be a journal entry.

But he is able to pass on a few ideas and tidbits that have helped him in the past.

Alessin spends a few moments taking the odd symbols and letters in, and is fairly confident that the note is written in the speech of demons. He says it could be something akin to a to do list, but he is not so sure.

OOC: Decipher Script checks were made for those with the proper training.

So, we have some bodies, some loot, and a note. Feel free to get to know the new members of the group (Roland/Zazz). Once you all are ready to move on, then give me some actions on what you plan on doing with the bodies/equipment/note/etc/etc. It's about 3:00 in the afternoon at this point.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=airwalkrr]
airwalkrr said:
Decipher Script 22

I had already rolled for both you and Alessin -- part of the check/fun is that you really don't know if you are intrepreting things rightly or wrongly. ;)

[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=s@squ@tch]No problem. I was kind of confused. It seemed like you were giving us results, but then it sounded like you were asking us to make checks.[/sblock]

scranford

Explorer
Gideon Novak

"Well in my opinion, they don't deserve a descent burial". "I say we wait till after dark, and chuck them somewhere in the woods for the animals to eat". "And maybe someone at one of the churches here can read that abominable script"?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Not a bad idea about the bodies, Ari says, but I would hazard a guess that at least one of the churches is in league with these bastards. The priestess we spoke to before seemed a bit flaky.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Alessin

"Aye," The elf responds when Ari speaks,"I did not get the feeling that she was being truthful with us."

Roland's ears perk up when the mention of other church's in town, and a grimace comes over his face.

"Well, I am the only representative of a church outside of Merikka in this town. These farmers were, or still are, devoted to the benign Goddess. But may Pelor help us if their church has been corrupted as well."

Rhun

First Post
Zazz looks over at the pile of loot and then back to Roland as the priest speaks his words. "Well, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand...if there is money to be made, that is." The elf smiles slyly, flicking a stray strand of black hair from his face.

Roland, Human Cleric of Pelor

Seeing how law is defined over here I really really hope, that the church and the whole town is not under the influence of demons.
Roland replies
I will not say yes nor no to the suggestion of the burial, you slew them, you'll take care of them.
I will gladly help you recover the demonic collusion.

The red haired priest declares
That is my mission and way of life to find and free those who are weak and good hearted from the grip of the evil ones.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads