• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God IC

Rhun

First Post
Before settling down to wait for nightfall, Zazz piles all of the weapons and armor the group had found in one corner. "Perhaps we can sell these goods for coin?" he suggests to his newfound companions. "Was their a general store or such in town?"

That said, he divides out the coins into six piles. "Three gold, six silver and thirteen coppers each." He pushes the leftover coins into their own seperate stack. "Two gold, five silver and two copper."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Stonefist sits himself down on the floor inside the front door. With legs crossed and arms resting comfortably on his knees, he seems to meditate for awhile before his head droops further and he begins snoring loudly.

Roland, Human Cleric of Pelor

Rhun said:
Before settling down to wait for nightfall, Zazz piles all of the weapons and armor the group had found in one corner. "Perhaps we can sell these goods for coin?" he suggests to his newfound companions. "Was their a general store or such in town?"

That said, he divides out the coins into six piles. "Three gold, six silver and thirteen coppers each." He pushes the leftover coins into their own seperate stack. "Two gold, five silver and two copper."

You can split my share … my beliefs are not letting me to pillage those bodies, no matter how evil they were. My soul is troubled.
The priest goes to the far corner and begins a silent prayer.

Rhun

First Post
The elf rogue cocks an eyebrow at the priest. "Huh. Alright. Never known a man to turn down hard coin before." Zazz shrugs. He had always found looting bodies to be the safest way to earn a little cash. He begins to recount the coins.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Constable's Office

The late afternoon sun begins to fall towards the horizon. The shadows begin to creep across the floor in the Constable's Office.

Luckily, there have been no knocks on the front door.

The various party members have occupied themselves while passing the time -- Zazz counting and recounting coins, Roland fervently praying to his god for absolution, Stonefist snoring loudly, or Alessin talking to himself.

All of the gear from the three men have been piled in the corner behind the Constable's desk, and the bodies have been temporarily stashed in the closet that had housed Zazz.

[D]aa[/D]

Dusk has set on Orlane once more.

OOC: Actions?

Roland, Human Cleric of Pelor

Snapping to reality the priest speaks
It is time, now that the sun fell beyond the horizon, the time when the shining one takes care for his other business, this is the time to carry out the bodies to burial … oh ... forgive me blessed one, I have sinned.
Turning to no one in particular he adds
Come on, let's give those wicked ones a proper burial, instead of returning to haunt us, they will be judged outside the gates of Carceri

Rhun

First Post
Zazz stands, flipping a gold coin into the air and catching it, over and over again like some kind of nervous habit. "We could cut up the bodies before we bury them" he suggests conversationally, as if there is nothing wrong with the idea at all. "That would keep 'em from ever coming back."

scranford

Explorer
Gideon

Gideon rises to his feet, and quickly pockets his share of the loot. Being used to burial detail he looks for the least messy corpse, and picks it up and throws it accross his shoulder. "From my experience, unless there is an evil Cleric, or Necromancer around, the dead tend to stay dead". "Lets just plant these bullies, check into the other tavern, and get some shut eye". "We'll figure out the next step in the morning".

Phoenix8008

First Post
Stonefist helps the others to dig the graves. As the hole gets deeper though, the dwarf seems to get more nervous and jumpy. He keeps staring at the edges of the hole as if appraising its movement or lack thereof. When complete, he gladly climbs up out of the dirt.

Rhun

First Post
Zazz seems quite comfortable with the whole "digging holes for bodies in the dark of night" scenario, helping where he can, smiling, and even cracking a joke or two about the dead men.

Remove ads