• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ari is clearly a bit repulsed by the notion of physical labor. He quietly assumes the position of looking out for anyone who might come across us in the midst of body disposal, citing his keen elven senses as necessary qualifications for such a task. Afterwards, he suggests, Perhaps we should prowl about the church of Merikka this very night to see what we can dig up?

Rhun

First Post
airwalkrr said:
Perhaps we should prowl about the church of Merikka this very night to see what we can dig up?

"That sounds positively delightful," says Zazz with a smile. "Nothing I like better than a little late night prowling. Though I prefer doing it in a house of ill repute. A shame this place doesn't seem to have one."

s@squ@tch

First Post
After Dark in Orlane

As the sun dips below the horizon, the town of Orlane looks empty and dark. Few points of light can be seen behind curtained or barred windows.

No one is seen out walking on the streets of the village, which are dimly lit by occasional lanterns atop rough hewn poles.

Your group exits out of the back door of the Constable's office with the three bodies slung over shoulders or carried between people. You head south, towards the treeline, hoping not to be seen while carrying such a cargo. A full moon is out tonight, which provides some visibility for your group.

After making it to the trees, you head in around 100' and begin to dig a hole, which is hampered somewhat by the lack of a shovel, or other proper digging tool. Using blades of swords, hands, sticks, and rocks, it takes several hours to dig a big and deep enough hole.

With a muted 'thud' -- each of the bodies is dumped into the burial pit.

Filling the pit up goes quicker, and around midnight, you are finished with your grisly deed.

OOC: Actions? Head to the temple? Return to the Inn? Check into the other Inn? Go back to the Constable's Office?

Roland, Human Cleric of Pelor

Let's pass through the constable office again.
Roland suggests.
Lock the doors and nail a "Closed for trip" note.

The priest holds his holy symbol
Then I'm at your debt, you helped me and I will help you to uncover the evil that shrouds this town.

scranford

Explorer
Gideon Novak - Human Mercenary

"I haven't been overwhealmed with the friendliness of the people in this town so far". "I think I'll head over to the other inn to check it out". "Why don't you guys locking up, meet us over there"?

Rhun

First Post
"Righto, my newfound dwarven companion," answers Zazz cheerfully. "Let's lock up, meet at the inn for a pint or two of the good stuff, and then we can go sneakin' about the Temple! I've always found my bravao to be bolstered a bit by a little liquid courage. Ha!" The elf lets loose with a loud, course laugh, decidedly un-elflike.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ari hops behind Zazz and whispers, Just so you know, Gideon is a man, not a dwarf, although he is sometimes so rude its hard to tell the difference.

Rhun

First Post
Oops. I got Gideon and Stonefist confused!

"Ah, I thought he was a bit tall for a dwarf," says Zazz. "It is just that all of these brute warrior types look decidely dwarven to mine eyes."

Last edited:

Remove ads