• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
OK, after an insane week and then finding that I didn't have access to ENWorld on my day off :mad: I'm home, in touch and setting out to update and post to all my games.

My thanks to you for your patience up to this point!

Boddynock

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Right, I've read through the posts and I'm up to date again.

Manz, assuming that Eusebius had cast CLW for 8 points of healing, that would make his hp 34/37, not 27/37. He only lost 11 hp total in the previous encounter.

I'd really rather not have Eusebius delay until after the orcs if possible - but if you want to go with that call, then so be it![/sblock]
After charging up with the others, Eusebius swiftly dismounts and calls on the god's power.

[sblock=OOC]Casts Aid on himself: +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saves against fear, +1d8+3 temporary hit points (duration 30 rounds).

If Eusebius gets to act again before the massed orcs advance and attack, he'll cast Bless. Otherwise, he'll no doubt find himself in melee.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Do the effects of the bless & aid stack? They are both morale bonuses. Bless would also affect the rest of party as well, of course.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1 (con't)

Juliana charges (succeeding in a DC 5 ride check to guide with knees), and cuts down an orc (o7).

Round 2
(I'll let Euseibius keep is place as first in action) Eusebius dismounts and casts Aid and Bless. (HPs increase to 43/37)

Boog dashes to the window and tries to stab the archer. The archer steps back, unharmed and out of range of the knife

Beamer dismounts and casts Glitterdust at the charging orcs with swords. He catches two of them in the shimmering cloud, blinding one(O9). Banion hurls his mindblade at the other, killing it (O10)

The orcs continue to close from the East and North. From the farmhouse, four more emerge, armed with axes. A war dog bounds out with them, leading the orcs and reaching Beamer. The orc in the window fires an arrow at Boog, missing. The orc in front of the house fires an arrow at Juliana, missing. One of the war dogs continues to snap at Banion's horses heels, and the horse kicks out at it. Neither has yet damaged the other.

Juliana up for round 2; the rest up for round 3. At this point, Boog would have to climb (DC 10) through the window to reach the archer. Boog's horse and Eusebius' mule break for safety to the West. Everyone can feel the positive effects of the bless spell.

Attachments

• farm.JPG
    farm.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 63

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer steps back from the dog and lets loose another glitterdust on O11, O12, O13, O6.

OOC:
Spells remaining:
0th: 6, 1st: 5, 2nd: 2
Mage armor still in effect: AC 19
Bolts fired: 1

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
Banion will manifest a new mindblade and charge it.

ooc: Just looked over my character sheet, and I'm within 1k xp of not having to waste a round like that anymore. :) Banion may someday aproach usefullness!

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
I'm going to be out of touch for a couple of days, since the place I'll be staying doesn't allow me to access ENWorld. I'll try and sort something out while I'm there, since this will be an ongoing pattern until Easter.

'Nock

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads