• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin tumbles past the Orc in front of in and draws his longspear while he emerges behinf the orc.
Then he strikes at the orc with his spear.

ooc: tumble to P9, draw longspear as part of move action. Attack orc o5 with longspear
tumble: 17
attack & damage: 9 & 6

*edit Talbin can't reach square p9 since he tumbles at half speed. Instead he tumbles to square R9 and attack with his short sword (which also misses)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
I made an error not adding the construct to the map behind the minotaur. This led to the further error of having the orc move through its space unmolested. Thus that orc should have attacked the construct instead. I'll try to get an update in tonight. Talbin & Nodis can restate their action before then, ignoring the orc that closed on you two. You are correct that o1 is above you and not immediately threatening. I haven't updated that combat as no one can currently see them. Sorry about all that.

Someone

Adventurer
Manzanita said:
Thus that orc should have attacked the construct instead. I'll try to get an update in tonight. Talbin & Nodis can restate their action before then, ignoring the orc that closed on you two.

ooc: No worries. Actions remain the same for Nodis; to make things clear, the construct that appeared first flanks and attacks the minotaur, if already dead the orc with the double axe, and if it kills the minotaur, closes with the already mentioned orc barbarian. The second one has a good chance of being able to appear so he can threaten orc5 and orc2, being construct 1 at O4 and orc5 attacking him. He Cleaves through them, I suppose they are ocs like the ones we found at the village, and with that rolls they should be quite dead. After killing the orcs it moves (movement 40 feet) around the tent in flames to close on and surround orc 3 and the orc barbarian.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc in that case Talbin's action does change as following
Talbin hides behind the corner of the gate and launches a sling bullet at the minotaur.
ooc hide: 27
attack: 24 damage: 4 rolls are here
sneak attack damage: 6

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I hate to do this in the middle of this battle, but I have to leave for about a week and a half. rln or Manzanita (whoever the DM prefers), please NPC Razh for me while I'm gone. I'm here for another night, so I may be able to get one more round in before I depart.

Manzanita

First Post
Well, I'm managed to leave town w/o my little cruiser carrying my DM info. So I won't make another post until Sun night at the earliest. I'll miss you very much Rae, and would love to have rln ghost Razh until you return.

Manzanita

First Post
2:07:30 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight

Round 3 (edited)

One of the orcs moves up and attack the construct behind the minotaur, missing.

Round 4
Razh lashes out a the minotaur, striking another sturdy blow with his spiked shield, almost dropping the beast.

Around the south comes the first orc the party saw. He has the bone helmet, the scarlett tunic, and the greatsword. He moves all the way around, under the stable roof, and reaches Nodis, though he can't attack.

The first construct finishes off the minotaur with a big fist to the back off the bull's skull. The second construct also appears. Nodis decides to create it adjacent to him, to protect himself from his new opponent. It lashes out against the surprised orc leader, striking a firm blow (10 pts dmg). Nodis pulls back to relative safety behind his second construct.

Talbin tumbles past the orc leader and tries to stab him in the back with is sword, but is blade is deflected off the studded leather under his tunic.

Ogin feints, but can't penetrate the orc's steel armor.

The orc attacks again, using both sides of his axe against the persistant halfling. Again, Ogrin manages to avoid the spinning blades.

Three orcs attack. One at the first construct, one at Razh and one at Ogrin. All miss.

Round 5

Initiative & Status round 5
Razh (45/71 HPs; rage on round 3 (includes 10 rage HPs) orc count 6) <--
S (-10 hps)
Nodis (31/31 HPs 11/35 PP; orc count 7)
Talbin (15/18 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Minotaur (-48 HPs - dead)
Ogrin (24/40 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Persuader (-6 HPs; raged in round 2)
orcs/soldiers

Attachments

• S2.JPG
    S2.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 71

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis moves outside the fort, where the number of orcs seem to be lower. He limits himself to direct his puppets, and that's work enough. They move boldly through the fort lit by fire, oblivious to the attacks the orcs make against them. "Razh, wait a moment, I'll distract these orcs, go help the small ones!"

[sblock=ooc details]
Nodis moves (edit: withdraw action if neccesary) outside the fort, two squares east. The 1st construct delays slightly; the second one moves 1 square NW of Razh, drawing AoOs from S and O2, and attacks. The attack total is Ac 13, damage 14 - I don't think he hits the orc, but if he does it Cleaves into orc #5, and if not hopefully the orc already will have spent his AoO, so Razh can move freely if he delays to go after me.

After the 2nd construct does his actions, the one that appeared first moves to hold the same position the second construct held, and attacks. Hits AC 24 and deals 14 damage. (Attack and damage rolls for both constructs here. If the onstruct hits it can Trip: opposed Str check is 9.

I hope it's clear.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads