• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

Manzanita

First Post
I need to know Banion's position when he throws his mindblade. Does he move 20 feet Eastwards, towards his companions? Or does he move more NorthWest, around the circle the other way?
Round 3: Eusebius casts protection from evil and braces himself just past the end of the bridge.

Round 4

Lothar crawls further away from combat

The bear gallops back towards Beamer, ending its movement just behind Eusebius.

Banion moves and hurls his mindblade? He finds he cannot hit Torvin from this angle. His mindblade deflects off an invisible screen which runs all around the walkway. The only way to hit Torvin, presumably, would be to get to one end of the bridge, or the other.

Torvin doesn't attack. In his hybrid form he looks strange and dangerous. Eusebius can tell now that it is not a wolf he resembles, but a rat. "For the last time," he hisses, in a low voice, "give me the weapon. Go from here. The weapon is nothing to you, but everything to me."
Round 4
Lothar: (-19 hps. blinded until round 7)
Sangster (dead)
Bear (hasted until round 8)
Banion (53/59)
Torvin
Beamer (hasted until round 8) <--
Eusebius: (hasted until round 8)

-------

Ogrin lights his smokestick, and hears coughing as the ogre retreats. He salvages the key, and a small black pawn. Leaving the large greataxe, he moves to the door and is able to open it with the key. Beyond is a rough, circular room, about 20 feet in diameter. On the opposite wall a lit torch is sitting in an iron post, about 5 feet up the wall. The walls are rough, dark stone. In the center of the room hangs a knotted rope. Ogrin cannot see the ceiling. He can dimly see about 40 feet up from the torchlight, and the rope is clearly hanging from something further up.

Does he close the door behind him?

Boddynock

First Post
Torvin doesn't attack. In his hybrid form he looks strange and dangerous. Eusebius can tell now that it is not a wolf he resembles, but a rat. "For the last time," he hisses, in a low voice, "give me the weapon. Go from here. The weapon is nothing to you, but everything to me."
"By these words, if naught else, would I know that you are no longer Torvin. Nothing to me? Nay, for my oath and my service to the Shining One both demand that I should destroy it. Such foulness cannot be allowed to remain. Were you to search your mind and your heart, you would know that Torvin could not but agree."

"Beamer, bring it forth! Let this wreck of goodness see that for which it lusts ... and know that it shall never claim it."

With that, Eusebius takes a step away from the bridge towards Beamer, and casts Shield of Faith.

OOC: Trying to lure Torvin off the bridge, since it seems that the bear won't fit on it.

AC 22, hp 44/44, Saves +9/+8/+11

[sblock=Spells prepared]
Code:
[size=1]Prepared spells:
Level 0:        Resistance (3 converted to CMinW)
Level 1:        [s]Bless x2[/s] (both converted to Cure Light Wounds)
                [s]Shield of Faith[/s]
                [s]Protection From Evil[/s] (Good domain spell)
Level 2:        [S]Bull’s Strength[/S]
                [S]Spiritual Weapon[/S] (converted to Cure Moderate Wounds)
                [S]Aid[/S] (Good domain spell)[/size]
[/sblock]

rln

Explorer
Ogrin closes and locks the door behind him, then sheathes his weapon and puts away his shield. Pausing a few seconds, he drinks a curative potion while contemplating his options and listening for noises.

Did the Ogres really come down the rope? He considers the rope's thickness and quality to see if that's probable. Either way, he starts checking the room for other hidden exits, starting with examining the torch.

If he doesn't find anything, he'll light one of his own torches, put it between his teeth, and start climbing the rope.

OOC: Potion cures 8 points.

Manzanita

First Post
Ogrin takes his time, and searches the walls for concealed doors. He finds none. If the ogres came this way, they either just turned around, it seems, or somehow climbed over 40 feet up a rope. The latter seems quite unlikely.

Ogrin then takes hold of the rope and hoists himself up. This proves to be a mistake. As soon as his full weight is on the rope, it goes slack. Ogrin drops back to the floor...and does what?

A large falling block tumbles down at him from the darkness, attached to the other end of the rope. A reflex save DC 22, coupled with 'evasion', will prevent any damage. Trapsense can be added to this roll. Otherwise Ogrin takes 14 pts dmg.

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
Ogrin stands dumbfounded as the rope comes loose. Then, realisation hits him an instant before the rock would and he throws himself towards the wall, barely avoiding certain pain.

"..oldest trick in the history of tricks.. and I fell for it. Good thing noone's here to watch me make a fool of myself."

Ogrin checks the rope and stone out - he also looks up, throwing his torch upwards a few times if needed, to see what he can make out further up in the room.

Patlin

Explorer
It looks like Banion can't get to within point blank range of his target and shoot, so he'll settle for taking a single move action counterclockwise) and throwing his minblade. Since he is not within 30', he will lose the +1/+1 from PBS. Also, his range increment is 30', so I believe he will take a -2 from range.

Adjusted numbers:

Round 4, hit AC 13 for 14-DR (Minimum 3)

Patlin

Explorer
Here's Banion's position after movement on rounds 4 and 5. Looks like Banion's outside 60' on round 4, so that's an additional -2 for a definite miss. On round 5, he's outside 30' so here are the adjusted numbers:

Round 5, hit AC 20 for 16-DR (Minimum 3)

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    138.3 KB · Views: 120

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer hesitates for a moment, unsure what will happen if he draws the scythe in this place. Before long, though, he complies and brings the scythe out of his haversack and into his grasph. He then says, "Perhaps some righteous fire will cleanse the beast within you to let the true paladin shine forth. Ignite!" He levels his wand at Torvin and unleashes a burst of flame.

OOC:
Draw the scythe. Fire wand of scorching ray at Torvin: +9 touch attack to hit, 4d6+1 damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads