• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

Manzanita

First Post
By throwing his torch up a few times, Ogrin can see that the walls don't go much higher than 40 feet. He eventually climbs them. He slips and falls a few times, but his ring of feather falling prevents him from taking any damage.

Upon reaching the top, he sees a narrow (5') passage leading to a dark curtain. Just in front of this is a small white chess piece, a knight, glowing slightly in the darkness.

----------
Beamer unleashes...to be continued...

Round 4
Lothar: (-19 hps. blinded until round 7)
Sangster (dead)
Bear (hasted until round 8)
Banion (53/59)
Torvin
Beamer (hasted until round 8) <--
Eusebius: (hasted until round 8)

rln

Explorer
Ogrin gingerly moves forward, examining the passage as he goes. If he finds nothing out of the ordinary, he picks up the white chess piece and moves through the curtain after peeking through it.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 4

Beamer moves forward and pulls out the scythe, holding it up with his hand. He is unable to get to a good angle to shoot the fallen paladin just yet, though, as he must be right at the end of the bridge to do so due to the invisible barrier on the inside of the walkway. Actually, hasted, Beamer is pull even with the end of the bridge and shoot. It is a good shot, engulphing the wererat in flame (11 dmg)

As he moves, Beamer remembers that they had so far avoided touching the scythe. They have theorized that it was the touch of the scythe that corrupted the Paladin, in fact, though now they realize lycanthropy might be to blame. Could they somehow cure this once-noble warrior of this terrible affliction?

Over the din of battle, Beamer notices a soft whisper, aluring and unearthly. It is calling him... (Beamer make will save)

Euseibus casts Sheild of Faith.

Round 5

Lothar continues to crawl away. The bear continues to stand just behind Eusebius, waiting to taste its next enemy.

Banion moves in, taking the offensive. He can't quite get in a position to throw yet. I can't seem to read your attachment

Torvin sees the weapon, and his eyes narrow. Wordless, he moves forward and attacks the first person in the way, Eusebius. The grease spell is still in effect. Again, Torvin moves without falling. He swings his heavy mace, still bearing the bursting sun pattern of Hyrag on its business end. Eusebius dodges.

Round 5
Lothar: (-19 hps. blinded until round 7)
Sangster (dead)
Bear (hasted until round 8)
Banion (53/59)
Torvin
Beamer (hasted until round 8/grease til round 9) <--[/COLOR]
Eusebius: (hasted until round 8/ shield of faith for 3 minutes)

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
As Torvin moves forward, Eusebius' eyes narrow. He is surprised by the turn of speed the erstwhile paladin puts on but skips aside as the weighty mace swings past his head. His own attacks dart forth, the silver fang of his kama striking once, twice, thrice in quick succession.

[sblock=OOC#1]Hasted flurry of blows (silvered kama): (1d20+5=17, 1d6=5, 1d20+5=21, 1d6=4, 1d20+5=13, 1d6=4)

Rats, I've just realized that Shield of Faith doesn't stack with Protection from Evil. :eek:

And I've finally added up all the bonuses to his attacks, AC and saves:

AC 22, hp 44/44, Saves +9/+9/+11

(That's an additional +1 to attack, AC and Reflex save from Haste, and +2 to AC from Protection from Evil. And I can't believe that I've only just remembered that E has Dodge. Lucky dodge bonuses stack! ;))[/sblock][sblock=OOC#2]A propos healing for Torvin: perhaps we can go back to those people who helped out in Blood of the Werewolf. Boy, that's so long ago I can't remember any details about it or them. :confused:[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Banion moves in, taking the offensive. He can't quite get in a position to throw yet. I can't seem to read your attachment

ooc: Hmm. It's a bitmap, I'm surprised you're having trouble with it. It's a copy of your own map with a "4" added for Banion's position at the end of round 4 (8 squares to the east of his starting position, which is a single move for Banion) and a 5 indicating his position at the end of round 5, about 7 squares (due to the 1.5 diagonal rule) to the east/northeast of the 4.

If you can't open the file, could you just place me in aproximately that area?

Manzanita

First Post
Ogrin picks up the small white knight with his right hand. As he grips it, he feels it fade. Opening his hand, he notes that the chess piece is gone. But not without effect. On his right palm, Ogrin now has a tatoo of the white knight the same size as the original. He also feels a little different.

Ogrin has been given the 'Gift of the Rogue' by Jareth. Please link this post to his CS. It is effective immediately.

Jareth's Gift of the Rogue. Ogrin Brutalfist has a tatoo on his right palm of a white knight, from a chess set. As long as this tatoo stays on, Ogrin benefits from the Stealthy and Acrobatic feats. If this tatoo is removed, by magic or amputation or whatever, this bonus is negated.

This image is heretical to the mainline church of Jareth. Followers of the mainline religion will react very negatively towards anyone displaying this tatoo, refusing assistance, and, in some circumstances, advocating violence. Clerics of Jareth will always recognize this symbol. Other followers will recognize it with a Knowledge(religion) check DC 10. Those not following Jareth will recognize it with a K (religion) check DC 18.

White chess pieces are the symbol of the minority mirthful, gambling, and chaotic Jareth sect.

Manzanita

First Post
Razereit's right hand also bears a tatoo. Please link this post to his CS.

Jareth's Gift to the Warrior. Rasereit Vundinn has a tatoo on his right palm of a white Queen, from a chess set. As long as this tatoo stays on, Razh benefits from the Endurance and Great Fortitude feats. If this tatoo is removed, by magic or amputation or whatever, this bonus is negated.

This image is heretical to the mainline church of Jareth. Followers of the mainline religion will react very negatively towards anyone displaying this tatoo, refusing assistance, and, in some circumstances, advocating violence. Clerics of Jareth will always recognize this symbol. Other followers will recognize it with a Knowledge(religion) check DC 10. Those not following Jareth will recognize it with a K (religion) check DC 18.

White chess pieces are the symbol of the minority mirthful, gambling, and chaotic Jareth sect.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin flinches as he notices his new tattoo. "Not another one of those..."

..and then, onwards!

From the description said:
"...Few people know it, but he has a skull tattooed on the inside of his upper left arm, its purpose is unknown."

Remove ads