SCAG Thread

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
There is currently no plan or discussion about changing the story origin rule.

That is tremendously reassuring. It's good to know that the powers-that-be see the benefit in getting in front of problems rather than waiting for them to show up before dealing with them. Thanks for sharing this.

--
Pauper

Ainulindalion

First Post
Have you talked with your Local Coordinator about helping to get DMs? Contact me offline and I will give you his email.

Both the Northern Maryland/Baltimore LC and the Suburban Maryland/DC LC are already on the mailing list. To the best of my knowledge, the SE RC has not yet appointed a new LC for NoVA.

RCanine

First Post
Personally, I think the idea at the core of the Story Origin rule was really brilliant; it opens up the AL to do a lot of interesting things. As the game evolves the "formula" (in quotes because 3 seasons isn't really enough to divine a formula) for story origins *should* evolve as well.

The real problem is simply that S3 origin was in mechanically inferior to the one previous, where story origins should probably aim for as-good-as or slightly-better-for-the-season's adventure. But those sort of misses are mistakes the AL will learn from.

SCAG (at least some portion) will probably be a part of S4, and there's no use assuming it will or won't be in S5.

RCanine

First Post
For sake of your requested transparency, there will be another meeting tomorrow at WOTC to discuss the latest version of the SCAG announcement based on the write up the Admins submitted (following several rounds of discussions with Admins, RCs, WOTC, various constituencies). After that if its approved we'll announce this week. If not it will come back to the Admins again for revisions, we will make requested changes, if they are substantial we'll send it around to various people to review again, and we'll resubmit again and another meeting would have to be scheduled to seek approval.

Is it weird to anyone else that WotC has had the final, approved text of this book likely for months as it enters production, and yet they wait for it to be on shelves before *they* approve how it will be used in their marketing campaign?

WotC has worked really hard on simultaneous releases of of content, and yet it will *months* before AL players have any reason to buy this book?

StinkyEttin

First Post
I think that the problem lay in the assumption that associated "crunch" is going to be the norm and that Elemental Evil was that standard. We have no indication that that is the case. Quite the contrary, in fact, it is thus far the exception.

Tia Nadiezja

First Post
Huh. I'm satisfied. Actually... I'm delighted. Well done.

Question. Options are allowed. What's the rule on human bladesingers and gnome battleragers?

kalani

First Post
Anything in the green sidebars are fine (with the exception of aasimar or winged tieflings) - but I would be highly doubtful that Battleragers or Bladesingers will be available to any race, esp. given how they are intended to be restricted in FR. DMs lack the authority to approve non-elf/dwarf bladesingers/battleragers, so such a decision would need to be stipulated in the Player's Guide (and the amendment document). I will confirm whether this is the case

Last edited:

Remove ads