• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scaling Damage of Weapons

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Would a large dwarven waraxe do 2d6 or 1d12 points of damage?

2d6. But a Medium character'd need an EWP to use it with two hands, since it's so unwieldy.

(From memory, anyway - is it the FAQ that says a Small character can use a Waraxe or Bastard Sword two-handed with the feat?)

-Hyp.

kreynolds

First Post
poop said:
Would a large dwarven waraxe do 2d6 or 1d12 points of damage?

Core Rules says the damage of the original weapon at 1d10 deals 2d6 when it is one size larger.

And I have no idea Hyper. I wanna say it was Sword & Fist: the Monkey Grip feat.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Re: Re: Scaling Damage of Weapons

And I have no idea Hyper. I wanna say it was Sword & Fist: the Monkey Grip feat.

Not Monkey Grip, just EWP : Dwarven Waraxe.

A Medium character can use a DWA two-handed as a martial weapon, or one-handed as an exotic weapon.

I'm sure I've come across a clarification somewhere that states a Small character can use a DWA two-handed as an exotic weapon, but I can't remember where.

-Hyp.

zorlag

First Post
zorlag

Example of this can be found on Sword and Fist. There is a weapon called Fullblade, which can be wielded by medium sized character with two hands when they take exotic weapon profiency on it. It's 2d8 damage, essentially enlarged Two-handed sword.

Z.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Scaling Damage of Weapons

Hypersmurf said:
I'm sure I've come across a clarification somewhere that states a Small character can use a DWA two-handed as an exotic weapon, but I can't remember where.

-Hyp.

It's in the D&D FAQ. I was just looking at it today. The example given is of a gnome wielding a bastard sword in two hands, with the exotic weapon proficiency. Sage states a medium-sized critter can wield the B-sword 2-handed without the feat, 1-handed with, and a small critter can wield it 2-handed with the feat, and can't wield it at all without.

SpuneDagr

Explorer
Re: zorlag

zorlag said:
Example of this can be found on Sword and Fist. There is a weapon called Fullblade, which can be wielded by medium sized character with two hands when they take exotic weapon profiency on it. It's 2d8 damage, essentially enlarged Two-handed sword.

Z.

No they can't. That was changed in the errata to
'A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword and is too large for a medium-size creature to use at all."

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: zorlag

SpuneDagr said:
No they can't. That was changed in the errata to
'A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword and is too large for a medium-size creature to use at all."

Awww, sneaky. That one snuck by me.

Remove ads