Scaling Damage of Weapons

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Would a large dwarven waraxe do 2d6 or 1d12 points of damage?

2d6. But a Medium character'd need an EWP to use it with two hands, since it's so unwieldy.

(From memory, anyway - is it the FAQ that says a Small character can use a Waraxe or Bastard Sword two-handed with the feat?)

-Hyp.

kreynolds

First Post
poop said:
Would a large dwarven waraxe do 2d6 or 1d12 points of damage?

Core Rules says the damage of the original weapon at 1d10 deals 2d6 when it is one size larger.

And I have no idea Hyper. I wanna say it was Sword & Fist: the Monkey Grip feat.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Re: Re: Scaling Damage of Weapons

And I have no idea Hyper. I wanna say it was Sword & Fist: the Monkey Grip feat.

Not Monkey Grip, just EWP : Dwarven Waraxe.

A Medium character can use a DWA two-handed as a martial weapon, or one-handed as an exotic weapon.

I'm sure I've come across a clarification somewhere that states a Small character can use a DWA two-handed as an exotic weapon, but I can't remember where.

-Hyp.

zorlag

First Post
zorlag

Example of this can be found on Sword and Fist. There is a weapon called Fullblade, which can be wielded by medium sized character with two hands when they take exotic weapon profiency on it. It's 2d8 damage, essentially enlarged Two-handed sword.

Z.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Scaling Damage of Weapons

Hypersmurf said:
I'm sure I've come across a clarification somewhere that states a Small character can use a DWA two-handed as an exotic weapon, but I can't remember where.

-Hyp.

It's in the D&D FAQ. I was just looking at it today. The example given is of a gnome wielding a bastard sword in two hands, with the exotic weapon proficiency. Sage states a medium-sized critter can wield the B-sword 2-handed without the feat, 1-handed with, and a small critter can wield it 2-handed with the feat, and can't wield it at all without.

SpuneDagr

Explorer
Re: zorlag

zorlag said:
Example of this can be found on Sword and Fist. There is a weapon called Fullblade, which can be wielded by medium sized character with two hands when they take exotic weapon profiency on it. It's 2d8 damage, essentially enlarged Two-handed sword.

Z.

No they can't. That was changed in the errata to
'A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword and is too large for a medium-size creature to use at all."

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: zorlag

SpuneDagr said:
No they can't. That was changed in the errata to
'A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword and is too large for a medium-size creature to use at all."

Awww, sneaky. That one snuck by me.

Remove ads