D&D 5E What fighting styles would you add?

Stormonu

Legend
those two molded into one

Heavy shield, min STR 15, -5ft speed, disadvantage on Acrobatics and Stealth
requires heavy armor proficiency.
Well, "real-life" versions of kite and tower are quite different, I think @ezo and I are drawing from old 2E stats.

Kites cover around 3/4 of the body are still pretty easy to use on the move.

Tower shields are moving walls, meant to be stood in place. Usually used by crossbowmen or other ranged attackers for cover while reloading.

The different shields from 2E's Arms and Equipment Guide - kite is upper left, tower upper right, heater lower left, target lower right.

1712937280955.png

Undrave

Legend
The way I see it, there should be a Fighting style for every type of loadout you can get:

Sword and Board
Big two hander
Two weapon fighting
Ranged weapon
Thrown weapon
One versatile weapon
Bare handed

Then you need a fighting style that’s even more generic, which the one that gives +1 AC does very well. In addition to those I think there should be a fighting style for every damage type, and a fighting style for the other weapon properties : Heavy, Light, Loading, Reach, Finesse. There should be a defensive one for stuff like Quarterstaff, and finally one for improvised weapons.

Xeviat

Hero
The way I see it, there should be a Fighting style for every type of loadout you can get:

Sword and Board
Big two hander
Two weapon fighting
Ranged weapon
Thrown weapon
One versatile weapon
Bare handed

Then you need a fighting style that’s even more generic, which the one that gives +1 AC does very well. In addition to those I think there should be a fighting style for every damage type, and a fighting style for the other weapon properties : Heavy, Light, Loading, Reach, Finesse. There should be a defensive one for stuff like Quarterstaff, and finally one for improvised weapons.
I agree, plus one more for polearms. I'd have Paladins and Rangers pick one and can change it on level up, while I'd let the fighter pick one per proficiency bonus.

But I wish all of the fighting styles used Bonus actions, so they wouldn't be interchangeable.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.

Sword and Board
Big two hander
Two weapon fighting
Ranged weapon
Thrown weapon
One versatile weapon
Bare handed

i'd like to see a fighting style that gives simple weapons more of a use for characters that have martial weapon proficiency, like we've all imagined playing the knife-wielding fighter right up until mechanics get involved and say d4 damage per hit.

Xeviat

Hero
i'd like to see a fighting style that gives simple weapons more of a use for characters that have martial weapon proficiency, like we've all imagined playing the knife-wielding fighter right up until mechanics get involved and say d4 damage per hit.
That would be cool! Perhaps as simple as an attack bonus with simple weapons because you can use them very efficiently?

Undrave

Legend
I agree, plus one more for polearms.
I would roll that up in the 'Reach' style personally.
Oh yeah I forgot that one! Yeah, definately.
That would be cool! Perhaps as simple as an attack bonus with simple weapons because you can use them very efficiently?
Yeah something that doesn't involve 'fixing' the damage but rather makes them stand out from martial weapons.

Remove ads