Scarred Lands Canceled?

kuje31

First Post
This was posted earlier today on Candlekeep.com to Mr Byers who wrote 3 of the 4 Scarred Lands novels. Is this true that the setting is being canceled? Nightfall! Help!

"This question is a little OT, but I’m curious how you yourself would rate your work on the Scarred Lands: Dead God Trilogy as compared to your other works? Also, how do you feel about the Scarred Lands world being canceled (it’s not official, but that’s the word around the White-Wolf camp)? Were you a little disappointed when the books went largely unnoticed?"

Edit: Added the link. Its the two replies at the bottom for October 2nd.

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1895&whichpage=9

Last edited:

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I heard this rumor back before GenCon. Dunno if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me. What is left to do, after all? The world has been pretty well detailed.

Felon

First Post
A question of semantics, I suppose, but are we really saying "cancelled", which means that planned (and perhaps partially-completed) upcoming products have been aborted, or do we mean "discontinued", which means they've decided they're just done with it?

Gez

First Post
It is possible it's only the SL novels that are cancelled, since the "books that went largely unnoticed" are SL novels. I somewhat doubt the game line could be considered "largely unnoticed".

Crothian

First Post
I think it is going to be the novels, as product lines go Scarred Lands does still do well. Also, S&S are branching out with none scarred lands products.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Kuje,

I gave my opinion there befoe. Again I've asked Joe (Carriker) a number of times (and he's been unfailing polite other than to send ninjas after me but hey that's Joe), and it's always been the same "I don't know one way or the other"

I do know that so far, there are no planned Scarred Lands releases for 2005 at the moment and only one for 2004. Does this mean SL is at the end? No idea. Some believe it, I'll wait and see. My hope is either a) a restart of the setting with better focus (meaning a complete SCLCS with looks at each continent in one big book and a new R&R (Revised hopefully!). or b) Just a long wait while WW gets its WoD stuff in gear.

So we'll see. I don't CLAIM those scenerios to be true or accurate. Just my own fervant belief.

Remove ads