Scarred Lands Canceled?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Turjan said:
Hardly any d20 products are held by bookshops any more (except WotC and WW products).
Really? Where I live, the game stores carry about 4 times as much d20 as anything else. It looks alive and well to me.

Turjan

Explorer
Buttercup said:
Really? Where I live, the game stores carry about 4 times as much d20 as anything else. It looks alive and well to me.

I was not talking about dedicated game stores. Of course, my biggest local game store still carries nearly all of the available and even out of print d20 stuff. However, they are so big that d20 never pushed the countless other games aside and they always strived for completeness in their offerings.

This does not change anything with what I said, though. And I don't remember to have claimed that d20 is dead :D ;)!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Guys. While I understand the need to speculate, there is no CONFIRMED word that WW is doing this. Until I hear otherwise I'll keep believing.

But again we'll see.

Scribble

First Post
Guys. While I understand the need to speculate, there is no CONFIRMED word that WW is doing this. Until I hear otherwise I'll keep believing.

Yeah... but one thing I did notice a while back was the fact that in their brand new site layout. There isn't a link to the scarred lands... Unless you go to the old site.

All of their other products have dedicated links, but not the Scarred Lands. I was hoping that it was because they were still working on it. But alas. I fear that is not the case.

dreaded_beast

First Post
Nightfall said:

But again we'll see.

I don't want to sound cynical or morbid, but out of curiousity Nightfall, what would you do if the setting was cancelled?

You must have like binders on all the questions people have asked you about SL.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Scribble said:
Yeah... but one thing I did notice a while back was the fact that in their brand new site layout. There isn't a link to the scarred lands... Unless you go to the old site.

All of their other products have dedicated links, but not the Scarred Lands. I was hoping that it was because they were still working on it. But alas. I fear that is not the case.
Doesn't mean anything. They never had Errata for SL either.

db,

Not necessarily BINDERS but a few folders yep. :) As for what I'll do..well I'll use my meager resources to try and get the licence for the Scarred Lands for myself. Not a realistical goal perhaps but a hopeful one.

Crothy,

Perhaps not but just look how lost and sad some of the PS people are. Them along with a dozen other WoTC supported settings all feel a little...out of place.

Last edited:

dead

Explorer
I knew they'd flush it down the toilet sooner or later.

It's very difficult to maintain a D&D campaign setting if it isn't Forgotten Realms.

I predict that every published d20 fantasy setting will keel over and die sooner or later . . . including Eberrron.

It's unfortunate, but it's what I predict.

Hey! I wish it weren't so . . . truly (I'm really not evil, you know). ;)

Crothian

First Post
Um...all setting even the forgotten REalms will die eventually, its just a matter of when. Without a time frame, the prediction is bound to come through given enough time.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Turjan said:
Well, it may be just a matter of definition. None of your examples (AU and M&M) bears the d20 logo.
This is a nuance really. Both games run on the d20 system and there's no secret about it if you open the book. whol not d20 branded, they are built on the d20 skeleton. Hence I, and I'm sure many other people, consider them a d20 game*.

*Yes OGL games != d20 brand, but so what?

Hagen

Remove ads