Scarred Lands

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I had picked up the Relics & Rituals for Scarred Lands at a used bookstore, the brief stuff in it about the world as a whole intrigued me. Anyone have a handy list of all the Scarred Lands books or a web link for it? Mainly looking for an order of preference for buying material on it.
Thanks,
Yeti

Voadam

Legend
www.dtrpg.com has 34 products listed for them as pdfs. Hallowfaust (a LN necromancer run kingdom) is free right now so if you like pdfs head there.

I would suggest starting with the 32 page gazetteer, http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catal...ath=47_63&products_id=3293&affiliate_id=17596 then the first monster book Creature Collection Revised (revised for 3.5 stats) http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catal...ath=47_63&products_id=3238&affiliate_id=17596

The gazetteer is cheap and gives you a good overview of the main world and the creature book gives things like the rat and serpent men as well as the wierd titanspawn that characterize the world.

Then for neat cosmology stuff Divine and Defeated http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catal...ath=47_63&products_id=3234&affiliate_id=17596

For good god/world/history/myth info.

Then the next two creature books, followed by more regional sourcebooks, continent guides class guides, and or modules and miscellaneous sourcebooks as desired.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Voady,

HOLLOW faust! Geez...

I suggest in this order:

Divine and the Defeated,
Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad
Scarred Lands Gaz: Ghelspad
Scarred Lands Gaz: Termana
Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Termana
Strange Lands: Lost Tribes of the Scarred Lands
Edge of Infinity: The Scarred Planes
Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers
Mithril: City of the Golem
Hornsaw: Forest of Blood
Shelzar: City of Sin
Both Vigil Watches
Blood Bayou
Blood Sea: Crimson Abyss
Echoes of the Past: Slacerian Legacy

Also contact your friendly Sage, Nightfall for further details. :)

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Thanks for the info, mainly was intrigued with some of the setting information. And as my friends will tell you, I'm one of those if I have one and like it, I must have them all.

I had stopped in the Game Parlor out in Chantilly, but couldn't figure out which book I should grab next. Being that the 'gods & titans' intrigued me most, I guess the Divine book would rank high up on the list.

Thanks again,

Yeti

Crothian

First Post
If you have stuff to trade, I've got quite a few Scar Land books in my trade thread (see sig) and others not there yet.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
If I ever game in it and have a question, I'll be sure to drop you a line. Right now it is in that I'm intrigued and must have more mode.

Yeti

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Crothian said:
If you have stuff to trade, I've got quite a few Scar Land books in my trade thread (see sig) and others not there yet.
I fall more into the hoarder than trader category. :lol:
Now if you provide a dollar figure and how much for shipping to Northern Va, I might be able to swing something after this weekend. ;)

Yeti

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Make you a deal Crothy,

You give me 10,000 posts, I'll take the entire lot of your hand free of charge. Pay shipping too! ;)

*nods* Understood but I also handle errata too. :)

Psion

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Voady,

HOLLOW faust! Geez...

Tough talk for someone who used to say "Slacerian." ;)

Edit: Used to? I noticed in your list below, you did it again. :lol:

I suggest in this order:

Divine and the Defeated,
Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad
Scarred Lands Gaz: Ghelspad
Scarred Lands Gaz: Termana
Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Termana
Strange Lands: Lost Tribes of the Scarred Lands
Edge of Infinity: The Scarred Planes
Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers
Mithril: City of the Golem
Hornsaw: Forest of Blood
Shelzar: City of Sin
Both Vigil Watches
Blood Bayou
Blood Sea: Crimson Abyss
Echoes of the Past: Slacerian Legacy

I concur with the thought of hitting Divine & Defeated early. Not so much for rules material, but because if you are planning to GM it, it lays out the major conflicts of the setting.

For rules material, I'm with Voad' about getting CCR early.

Other than that, I think it would ease the pain of a newcomer to focus on one continent or the other. So go for Ghelspad or Termana first.

Ghelspad books include the Ghelspad Gazzeteer and Campaign setting, Hollowfaust, Mithril, Shelzar, and Hornsaw. (I think Vigil Watch: Asaathi is also free at DTRPG still, and they are very active on Ghelspad. Plus its a cool book.)

Termana would be the Termana books and Blood Bayou (and sorta Blood Sea, but that's more the book if you wanna shuttle between the continents.)

Strange Lands is the only book on the remaining continents, but you might want to consider getting it early as it packs a lot of info into one book, and will give you a lot of variety for your money.

Why Edge of Infinity? That seems like a book you could safely save for later.

Last edited:

Remove ads