• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scheduling for IRON DM 2015

Wicht

Hero
[MENTION=60965]And a bit of advice: watch your word counts. I don't need descriptions of the ingredients and those descriptions will count against your total.

Oops...

I will confess I have always included the descriptions in past years and have never checked them against the word count when checking pre-publication. :blush:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Last Act is up. 750 word limit is hard. I'd jump back, trim a couple adjectives here and there so I could finish a sentence, find a whole sentence I didn't need, luxuriate in 25 free words, then spend them here or there...

Fun, in a mind-aching sort of way!

Sitting down to read Mortal and Wicht's entries now that my brain can relax.

Edit: Missed that the title is free! I had 3 more words to spend! Argh! Also, just realized I pasted the ingredients at the end instead of the beginning. Have mercy Rune!

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Don't have much more to add about Wicht and MortalPlague's entries, but will mention my favorite bits from each:

I love the luck + reversal in A Run of Luck, as well as the way, as Rune said, everything suddenly comes to a furious climax at once.

My favorites from Taking Fate are the Indiana Jones-style pressure plate (I can just hear the PC's groaning when it triggers) and the awful fate of poor Brogue.

I agree with Rune that that was super close - I had no idea which would take it until the end. Glad I didn't have to judge that one!

Nice work either way to both of you, and congrats to Wicht!

Rune

Once A Fool
Don't have much more to add about Wicht and MortalPlague's entries, but will mention my favorite bits from each:

I love the luck + reversal in A Run of Luck, as well as the way, as Rune said, everything suddenly comes to a furious climax at once.

My favorites from Taking Fate are the Indiana Jones-style pressure plate (I can just hear the PC's groaning when it triggers) and the awful fate of poor Brogue.

I agree with Rune that that was super close - I had no idea which would take it until the end. Glad I didn't have to judge that one!

Nice work either way to both of you, and congrats to Wicht!

Feel free to repost this in the other thread; that's the one that will eventually get archived. Hopefully.

Remove ads