• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward [3.5E D&D] [OOC 02]

Lou

Explorer
I'm back posting. Had a business trip to Phoenix for a long weekend. Returned to Houston to a local stomach bug. I've had worse, but nothing with body aches like this. The back pain was like what I imagine kidney stones to be like. Advil cut the pain, but as it wears off I have trouble doing anything. My stomach seems back to normal, but the back and headaches are annoying. I have work to do at the office. No one wants me there, especially our pregnant paralegal. The staff has threatened to Lysol me upon my return.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*Snortle*

In all seriousness, It sounds like you C.Diff. bacteria in your intestines got out of balance.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm back posting. Had a business trip to Phoenix for a long weekend. Returned to Houston to a local stomach bug. I've had worse, but nothing with body aches like this. The back pain was like what I imagine kidney stones to be like. Advil cut the pain, but as it wears off I have trouble doing anything. My stomach seems back to normal, but the back and headaches are annoying. I have work to do at the office. No one wants me there, especially our pregnant paralegal. The staff has threatened to Lysol me upon my return.

If your back hurt with a dull pain that was ever-present and annoying as hell - the kind you try to rub, but you can't reach the right spot to rub because it's in the middle of your body, then it was like kidney stones. It was, in sort, total hell for a day or so. My advice is what the doctor told me --Drink GALLONS of water. The more you can dilate your 'tubing,' the less you feel the jagged gravel in your body.

Lou

Explorer
If your back hurt with a dull pain that was ever-present and annoying as hell - the kind you try to rub, but you can't reach the right spot to rub because it's in the middle of your body, then it was like kidney stones. It was, in sort, total hell for a day or so. My advice is what the doctor told me --Drink GALLONS of water. The more you can dilate your 'tubing,' the less you feel the jagged gravel in your body.

So my diagnoses are virus, C.Diff, or kidney stones. The first and third are more easily dealt with. I'll eat more yogurt. Back to work today for my monthly staff meeting.

Leif

Adventurer
Glad it was less. Hope improvement continues. In the event that you do have kidney stones, there's basically not a damn thing you can do except treat the pain and suffer until you pass them. Drinking unholy amounts of water, and nothing but water will speed the process along. When I had 'em, I don't think I bothered with paid meds, I just suffered for a couple of days while I tried to drain the Pacific Ocean into my drinking cup.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads