• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

screen names

Welverin

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
I rather like my own name. It conveys a certain nobility and power that puts me at my rightful place above the sloppy swine around here

It just screams super hero. I have a feeling there is one called Dr. Midnight, but I'm not sure in what.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Welverin said:

It just screams super hero. I have a feeling there is one called Dr. Midnight, but I'm not sure in what.

Yep. In fact, after a little research, it appears that there were several.

The original "Doctor Mid-Nite" was a man by the name of Charles McNider. He appeared in several 1940s All-American and All-Star Comics issues. A woman, Beth Chapel, came along in the 80s, when she appeared in several Infinity, Inc. issues as "Dr. Midnight." Then came Pieter Anton Cross in 1999, who also called himself "Doctor Mid-Nite". All three of them were doctors who lost the ability to see in daylight (each in different ways), but found that they were able to see in the dark. Chapel and McNider are now both dead, but Cross (Dr. Mid-Nite II) is still appearing in current Justice Society of America (JSA) comics.

While details on Dr. Midnight were hard to come by, Doctor Mid-Nite I and II both use a set of infra-red goggles which allows them to see during the day. At night, they fight crime with their trusty owl companion, Hooty. They utilize Batman-ish utility belts and gadgets that aid them in their cause, such as Blackout Bombs and a "Cyrotuber", which fires bursts of heat and cold.

The original Doctor Mid-Nite:
aa33_splash_250.jpg

The current Doctor Mid-Nite:
doc2hooty_250.jpg

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I have come to like my over the YEARS but Carpe DM is damn catchy.

My name is from the computer game Dungeon Keeper, the pointer was a hand that you used to place your monsters around in your lair, slapping them as needed.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Although I like my own screen name, the wittiest ones on the board (IMO, of course) are Carpe DM , Holy Bovine and Mouseferatu. I wish I had a gift for that sort of humor.

bloodymage

House Ruler
Make me grin

I do like my own. It has a lot of history and personal significance. That said, I also like whimsical. First time I saw root beer gnome I thought, "cool." I chuckle when VorpalBunny visits, too.

Taloras

First Post
I like my own(of course, i created it 5 years ago), but id steal Omokage's nick in a heartbeat. Why? Hes the guy that lead me to these forums.

Bluewolf

First Post
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

A screen name is very personal, and it can actually say a lot about a person.

But without performing psychoanalysis I think any of the names from Reservoir Dogs would be cool to have. My personal favourites are Mr White and Mr Pink.

lots of cool screen names abound here on the boards, but we all know some are cooler than others, and some are downright mystifying....
Nope. My name pretty much sums it up:D. I have always liked Piratecat because as I recall it, he named himself after his cat that was missing a leg. I don't know if that is all the story, but I think it is pretty humorous.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads