• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran jawns, and rubs his back with a clenched fist. Damn this uncomfortable bed. He washes up in the bath he ordered last night, gets dressed and heads downstairs for breakfast. When the rest of the members of the expedition gets there, he greets them each in turn and suggests that they get on their way. For gold and glory.

Festy_Dog

First Post
A dwarf followed by an odd odour plods downstairs, sitting himself at the table with the other adventurers.

"Aye, ye must be Aerick's friends, aye?" he asks, and orders himself some breakfast, "I'm Argus, I hear yer goin' tae some mountain fer a bit o' explorin', wanna have a dwarf around tae help ye out in the undergrounds? I'm right mean with a scythe too."

The dwarf eats a little messily, and it seems obvious he's not one for grooming, but he carries no ill will and by the look of his stature appears to be telling the truth about his skill with a scythe.

Serpenteye

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Aye, ye must be Aerick's friends, aye?" he asks, and orders himself some breakfast, "I'm Argus, I hear yer goin' tae some mountain fer a bit o' explorin', wanna have a dwarf around tae help ye out in the undergrounds? I'm right mean with a scythe too."

"There's always use for another blade, Argus. Our journey is bound to be a bloody one."

ferretguy

First Post
Rousing himself from the comfortable bed, Aerick stretches out his sore muscles and aching head heavy drinking following a fight does help to sleep, but damn the morning after..... Getting up he heads down to be with the others.
Seeing Argus already at the table he orders Yaks milk mixed with honey and ginger...best to take care of hangovers...
So my friends...I found another sword...what did you find out about our mysterious cave?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus belches loudly, sending a fine spray of spittle onto whoever was unforunate enough to sit opposite him.

"Aye, sorry about that," he says, realising what he did, then resumes shoveling food into his mouth.

Serpenteye

First Post
"Our source in the Cartographers Guild was quite fervent in his claim that our mysterious cave just recently appeared, both in Mount Searalas and on all the maps of that area. What could have caused such a freakish occurrence is a matter of guessing, there are no signs of what could have opened the cave and as for the changes in the maps..." he shrugs. Reaching into one of his pockets he pulls out the map he bought from Ernol Thurn.

"The route to Mount Searalas requires a journey to the west of about a week across the plains in which the mountain stands. There is little of any significance there, the terrain is largely grassland, although there are a few sparsely forested areas including the area around the mountain itself which is fairly densely forested..."

Festy_Dog said:
Argus belches loudly, sending a fine spray of spittle onto whoever was unforunate enough to sit opposite him.

"Aye, sorry about that," he says, realising what he did, then resumes shoveling food into his mouth.

Dekiran looks on the dwarven filth in disgust, then wipes the spit off his face and his expensive coat with an arcane word and a gesture (prestidigitation). After a moment he continues unperturbed.

"There are rumours of increasing activity in the orc and barbarian tribes in the area, and the Orcs are apparently led by highly intelligent and mobile Goblins. Goblins who apparently have some interest in the outcome of our mission, since they seem to be following us around. The kobolds tribes are also very agressive and many of the kobolds display sorcerous talent."

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus wipes his mouth on his sleeve.

"Aye, now tha' sounds none-too-good, aye?" he says, "There should be 'nuff of us ta handle any rough 'n' tumble on the way, aye."

ferretguy

First Post
Hmm...sounds like this will definitly be an interesting trip. If there does seem to be an increase in orcin activitly, this may be because of this cave. Well it sounds like we should do our best to avoid confrontation with this wandering savages, and save our strength for the cave. Aerick tears into his bacan and piles of eggs...

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus pats his stomach after the filling breakfast, looking content with his meal he looks to the others.

"When we expectin' ta leave?" he asks, the movement of his jaw causing bits of food in his beard to tumble about.

Serpenteye

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Argus pats his stomach after the filling breakfast, looking content with his meal he looks to the others.

"When we expectin' ta leave?" he asks, the movement of his jaw causing bits of food in his beard to tumble about.

Dekiran picks a small chunk of unidentifyable food out of his glass, finishes the last of his cognac and rises from his seat.

"How about now?"

Remove ads