D&D 5E Secret Character Creation

I just would rather pick my own character, even if it resulted in all of us playing gnome battlemasters. I don't care one whit for niche protection - indeed, I think that's the bit that actually rubs me the wrong way. Since the idea is "create your characters in isolation from the other players" let's see where that leads us.

Let me make sure we're understanding the scenario the same way.

"Hi, D&D players. You know how you have and will continue to play multiple cool characters in your D&D experiences? Tell me what the top 3 are that you want to play next, and if it matters to your choice, nobody will know anything about the other characters at the start."

Are you saying that the DM choosing which of 3 character concepts that you came up with and that you want to play is the one that he's going to integrate into this particular campaign is unacceptable to you?

Satyrn

First Post
Let me make sure we're understanding the scenario the same way.

"Hi, D&D players. You know how you have and will continue to play multiple cool characters in your D&D experiences? Tell me what the top 3 are that you want to play next, and if it matters to your choice, nobody will know anything about the other characters at the start."

Are you saying that the DM choosing which of 3 character concepts that you came up with and that you want to play is the one that he's going to integrate into this particular campaign is unacceptable to you?

We're understanding the scenario the same way. We're not on the same page about my reaction, though. I just said it rubbed me the wrong way, not that it was unacceptable.

It's not even close to unacceptable. I would be happy to play pregens, too.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
First session happened! It was fun!

Some details here

It created some very interesting play. People weren't sure what everyone's classes were, and the discussion of party marching order was really amusing to watch. And they all have secret missions and contacts, which will lead to interesting play later on.

Cheers!

Remove ads