Zardnaar

Legend
Art.

IMG_20201209_160923.jpg

IMG_20201209_161120.jpg

IMG_20201209_160852.jpg

Dr Magister

Explorer
So, not to try and hijack the thread, but would the Midgard player's book be worth getting just for the sub-classes, races, feats etc, if you're not interested in the actual setting? How are they? Reasonably distinct and reasonably balanced?

Zardnaar

Legend
So, not to try and hijack the thread, but would the Midgard player's book be worth getting just for the sub-classes, races, feats etc, if you're not interested in the actual setting? How are they? Reasonably distinct and reasonably balanced?

Distinct yes. The spells are hiit and miss mostly underpowered feats mostly alright, subclasses alright, races don't compare to well with new WotC but are fine with PHB on release.

One of the wizards might be the most powerful in game but wouldn't work on another world (the Geomancer).

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Yeah, the Southland kickstarter is indeed what pushed me to ask the question. It looks splendid. In the end, I might get it and use it to flesh out the old empires of FRs (Mulrohand, Thay, Tymanther, Calimshan etc)

Yeah I want to get that. I'm a bit behind on my KP purchases.

I backed that one too. I admittedly would have preferred the long-awaited Brilliant East sourcebook, especially since I just very recently found a copy of the old PF Southlands book on ebay, but it still looks really good, and - in a bit of a break with tradition for RPG kickstarters - the postage to Australia is extremely reasonable.

Zardnaar

Legend
I backed that one too. I admittedly would have preferred the long-awaited Brilliant East sourcebook, especially since I just very recently found a copy of the old PF Southlands book on ebay, but it still looks really good, and - in a bit of a break with tradition for RPG kickstarters - the postage to Australia is extremely reasonable.

Brilliant east has 0 appeal unless it's India/SEA over China/Japan.

Brilliant east has 0 appeal unless it's India/SEA over China/Japan.

It looks heavily Indian-influenced from the art so far. Elephants, tiger-people, etc - I think there's been some fairly broad hints dropped about Khandira (who are hinted at being one of the superpowers of the setting and who kicked the snot out of a dragon army not long ago) being basically not-India. Though I'm betting it'll be a brick-thick book that hits a lot of different real-world cultural beats, like Southlands and core Midgard do.

BSuskind

Villager
Disclaimer upfront: I’m a KP designer and helped created the current world.

in addition to the great things already said about Midgard, there are two other aspects that I also love about the setting

#1 - Interactive Map Website
Midgard has a map website where you can see the amazing Midgard map. You zoom in and out, calculate distance and bring up some city maps.

#2 - The KP Facebook Page
Myself and the other designers regularly and eagerly answer questions about the setting on the KP facebook page. I don’t really know of another setting that offers that.

Let me know if you have any questions about Midgard that I can answer. I think you’ll love it

BSuskind

Villager
Disclaimer upfront: I’m a KP designer and helped created the current world.

in addition to the great things already said about Midgard, there are two other aspects that I also love about the setting

#1 - Interactive Map Website
Midgard has a map website where you can see the amazing Midgard map. You zoom in and out, calculate distance and bring up some city maps.

#2 - The KP Facebook Page
Myself and the other designers regularly and eagerly answer questions about the setting on the KP facebook page. I don’t really know of another setting that offers that.

Let me know if you have any questions about Midgard that I can answer. I think you’ll love it

Remove ads