[Sept] What Are You Reading?

Wombat

First Post
Finished a re-read of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and of The Monk. Next up is Sharpe's Eagle, which will probably be followed by either Frankenstein or Northanger Abbey.

I am gearing up for a Regency-based Ars Magica game ;)

Mercule

Adventurer
I'd never read the Harry Potter books. Just finished #2 and am waiting for #3 to become available at the library. They've been on my list for a while. I'm going to buy them, but, at this point, I'm waiting until the collector's set comes out the Christmas after #7.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I just finished up Iron Dawn, by Matthew Woodring Stover, and I'll either go on to read Jerico Moon, a sequel, or go on to something else. Iron Dawn is a very low tech, low-low magic fantasy book set on our Earth. Iron is a new thing. It would a perfect Iron Heroes setting or adventure.

Wyn A'rienh

First Post
Since school just started, I'm alternating between my biology textbook and my world literature book. I'm really enjoying the world lit.

Drivethrurpg.com had the first Vampire: the Requiem novel available for free download yesterday, so I picked it up and have been reading a bit. Nothing spectacular yet. Sort of 'down-to-earth' vampirism.

A friend loaned me "Boulevard," a novel by my former creative writing professor Jim Grimsley. It's about a gay man seeking love in New Orleans. I'll get to it later this month, but New Orleans-related things have me a little weirded out now.

I want to read that Strange & Norrell book, but it's checked out at my local library.

Starman

Adventurer
I just finished reading Haruki Murakami's Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, which was excellent. Now I am going to reread the last two books of The Wheel of Time in anticipation of Knife of Dreams. After that I will be rereading A Song of Ice and Fire in anticipation of A Feast for Crows.

Just about to finish Pratchett's Jingo. After that I'll probably read a mix of The Light Fantastic and start going through the New Jedi Order books again.

Krug

Newshound
The Sundering, Book 3 of the Warcraft trilogy by Richard A Knaak. Book 2 was so-so, but sets the stage for the epic, pull-out-all-the-stops finale.

ragboy

Explorer
Reading the Iron Tower by McKiernan. I'm not too impressed at the moment. He doesn't do a very good job of immersing you in the world. And due to either bad writing, or deliberate creation of an annoying people, he repeats himself about every third sentence...

"Wolves are in the forest."
"Wolves you say!? In the forest?"
"Yes, wolves, they are in the forest...wolves."
"That's bad, right?"
"Yes. Wolves in the forest are very bad."

etc.

Not sure if I'll finish it.

Remove ads