• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

September - What are you Reading?

Pozatronic

First Post
S. Baldrick said:
"Lost Worlds". It is a collection of short stories written by Clark Ashton Smith.

Is that the one published by Night Shade? How is it? I've been looking for his Zothique stories, but if I remember correctly, "Lost Worlds" doesn't contain any. While I don't want to limit what I read by him, that $30 dollar price tag is pretty steep (I'm assuming you have the hardcover).

S. Baldrick

Explorer
Pozatronic said:
Is that the one published by Night Shade? How is it? I've been looking for his Zothique stories, but if I remember correctly, "Lost Worlds" doesn't contain any. While I don't want to limit what I read by him, that $30 dollar price tag is pretty steep (I'm assuming you have the hardcover).

Actually, this was published by University of Nebraska and Bison Books. My copy is a soft cover edition and I got it off Amazon.com for $12.71 plus shipping and handling.

Also, it contains 4 Zothique stories: The Empire of the Necromancers, The Isle of the Torturers, Necromancy in Naat and Xeethra.

This collection might be what you are looking for. I know that I have throughly enjoyed reading it.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Back into Dark Tower, currently in the middle of Song of Susannah. The series has taken an interesting turn, what with
Steven King inserting himself into the books
. Normally I wouldn't like this (not even sure I do right now), however the previous five books were so good I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes.

Chaldfont

First Post
Red Seas Under Red Skies, the sequel to The Lies of Locke Lamora. Next up: Jennifer Morgue by Charles Stross. I also want to get the new Temeraire book by Naomi Novik.

Merlion

First Post
I decided to re-read the Lord of the Rings start to finish. I've never re read it all the way through, from begining to end. Just in lots of various other ways.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I received the following from Amazon earlier:

Red Seas Under Red Skies (Scott Lynch)
Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)
Eclipse (Stephenie Meyer)
New Moon (Stephenie Meyer)

I'l begin with the Twilight Saga first; tomorrow.

Big Bucket

First Post
Reaper's Gale by Steven Erikson (Malazan series #7). I hate starting a series before its complete. I'm halfway through and know it will be another three years before I'm finished. Loving the series though.

Dragon mag #359. Just a few pages in. I still can't believe this is the last issue (print at least).

Tolen Mar

First Post
Well, I'm done with Scalzi, and I just finished Dean Koontz' 'Forever Odd.' I'm not in a hurry to pick up 'Brother Odd' yet, so that leaves me between books. What now?

I've placed an order for 'Children of Hurin', but who knows how long it will take the library system to free a copy for me (seeing how new it is).

Hmm.... I wish my library were larger. Maybe they'd have more complete series. I hate seeing books 3, 4, and 6 of a series on the shelf, but never the first one...

Mystery Man

First Post
Big Bucket said:
Reaper's Gale by Steven Erikson (Malazan series #7). I hate starting a series before its complete. I'm halfway through and know it will be another three years before I'm finished. Loving the series though.

Really? I mentioned Gardens of the Moon in the August thread. Couldn't finish it. It seems Erikson assumes that the reader knows as much about the world as he does and as a result he doesn't bother to explain anything. I'd really like to like this series, the world seems very well thought out, its just a shame the reader has to slog through vague details just to get an idea about it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads