Seth Green gets scammed out of his NFT and it tanks his new show.

darjr

I crit!
Seth Greene posts
Well frens it happened to me. Got phished and had 4NFT stolen. @BoredApeYC @opensea @Doodles @yugalabs please don’t buy or trade these while I work to resolve:
@DarkWing84 looks like you bought my stolen ape- hit me up so we can fix it

darjr

I crit!
405FD6B0-D176-4723-A3B3-BBFE46120119.jpeg

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Seth Green’s Bored Ape NFT, which was set to star in its own animated show, was stolen through a phishing scam.

Green no longer owns the commercial rights to the NFT and thus the show cannot move forward.

Firstly. good.

Second, it's not hard to swap out the protagonist of an animated show.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
This seems pretty fishy, especially the "oh this happened right before I was going to turn this into a big hit...".

I mean, isn't one of the BENEFITS of NFTs on blockchain that ALL transactions are completely 100% (and easily) traceable? So there should be a pretty good idea what happened here.

And if it was, in fact, stolen - then yes (which he should be able to prove) then there are conventional ways to proceed.

And Green has resources, so should be able to get people who can fix this.

Retreater

Legend
Since I don't understand NFTs, all I can say is that it's a shame that a creative person's IP has been taken from them, which is preventing them from working on a project. I get that NFTs seem ridiculous to many of us here, but I can't help but think about when my (ex)wife deleted my writing, D&D campaign notes, etc., when we were separated, and the hurt that caused me.
So I'm not laughing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases