• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sexual Prowess... which skill ?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Rashak Mani said:
Well being a Drow its all about politics and manipulation... but not in a furtive or deceiving manner for my character. One of my colleagues suggested Diplomacy... but Diplomacy would be BEFORE the action... no ?

Now if we do chose Perform... why would it be based on Charisma ?! :confused:
I think when its a drow it would be before, during and after.

Also I think if its a skill it needs to be Con based if your a man. You need to be able to last.

I also don't think a woman would have to make a check. For some men just being there is enough.

Bront

The man with the probe
Tonguez said:
Personally I'd say 'Ride'

Jump or Tumble might do the trick

maybe 'Use magic device'
:p
So, does that allow you to use such feats as Mounted Combat :uhoh: , Spirited Charge :cool: , and Animal Afinity :confused: ?

Perform seems to be the best skill for this, as it is a bit of a catch all for impressing/pleasing others, and involves charisma, which is somewhat appropriate. There actualy is a book out there that talks of this, and does it in a fairly adult and serious mannor, and I think that was their solution.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
At the risk of not making a joke at all, trying using the Perform (sexual technique) skill from the Book of Erotic Fantasy, by Valar Project, Inc. That work takes sex in d20 seriously, unlike virtually all other works that deal with the subject.

Bront

The man with the probe
Alzrius said:
At the risk of not making a joke at all, trying using the Perform (sexual technique) skill from the Book of Erotic Fantasy, by Valar Project, Inc. That work takes sex in d20 seriously, unlike virtually all other works that deal with the subject.
That was the one I was speaking of, and it's is tastefully done.

Jhulae

First Post
Alzrius said:

I only mentioned that about 14 posts before yours...

Bront

The man with the probe
Jhulae said:
I only mentioned that about 14 posts before yours...
I think we should both try to make specific references instead of vague ones next time. You did mention it a while ago though.

I do have to ask, is this a serious issue though? Having solid mechanical rules for how good your performance is? Can't you live with a bit of roleplay and then just let the imagination wander and leave it at that?

I guess if you are going to take the skill, but still...

On a side note, it does give a strange conotation to the Versitile Performer feat.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Bront said:
I do have to ask, is this a serious issue though? Having solid mechanical rules for how good your performance is? Can't you live with a bit of roleplay and then just let the imagination wander and leave it at that?
It is a half serious issue... especially since the female cleric of the group is played by a male player and I'm a male player. So I'd like to roleplay as little as possible ;) That is why I posted in D&D rules and not General Discussion.

Its also about "Hey... what skill would it be?" I guess a complete answer naturally would mean understanding the female process of sexuality and pleasure as a whole... or in other words a mystery ! :]

Thanks for all the responses... the funny ones as well !

Last edited:

Remove ads