Shackled City - Ch. 1: Life's Bazaar

themind

Explorer
As you turn back the curtain, you see black curtains that partially obscure a window niche that faces the street. Ornate locks and complex locking mechanisms are neatly displayed in the niche. The room itself looks tidy, but lived in. Carpets cover the stone floor, and a broom leans against the railing of a wooden staircase leading up to a second floor balconty. Three wooden chests rest in the middle of the floor, their lids bound shut with sturdy iron padlocks. Small tables, shelves, and benches hold various knick-knacks, and a framed portrait of a silver-haired gnome hangs next to a tall wooden box at the base of the stairs. The wooden box contains an intricate array of ticking gears, counterweights, and cylindrical chimes, surmounted by a circular face that bears the numerals 1 through 12 on its circumfrence.

By first glance, you see no one back here. As Sym looks around he notices that there seems to be a Secret Door in the side of the staircase. But before he can take a closer look, he hears a whoosh behind him. As he turns to see what was behind him, a rapier grazes his arm for 1 point of damage. A creature covered in a black cloak stands before him.

Roll Initiative, please. I will get a map up as soon as I can.

themind

Explorer
I'm having trouble with making an indoor battle map. Does anyone have some advice or know of where on these forums where they help with this.

themind

Explorer
Sorry for this taking a little longer, but I got class at the moment. I will update the game in a few hours when I have my book.

I will also try my best to get a decent map up by then, but don't hld your breath.

Remove ads