Shackled City - Ch. 1: Life's Bazaar

themind

Explorer
A small turret dominates the facade of this two-story black stone building. Iron bars are embedded in the thick window frames. Beyond the turret's groundfloor windows sits a lovely display of locks, from large to small, simple to complex. To the left of the turret, above a heavy oak door, swings a simple sign that reads "GHELVE'S LOCKS."

The door is unlocked as it is during business hours. Inside, the storefront smells of wood and pipe smoke. Two padded chairs flank a hearth containing a small yet lively fire. The fireplace'scarved mantle bears a tinderbox, a small vase of dried smoking leaves, and a finely wrought collection of pipes. A burgandy strip of carpet leads from the entrance to the wall across from it, where dozens-perhaps hundreds-of keys hang from tiny hooks. The keys come in all shapes and sizes. A handsomely engraved mahogany counter stretches along one wall. Behind it hangs a red curtain that neatly hides the rest of th store. Also behind the counter stands an elderly looking man, who looks as if his arms and and body seem to small for his height. His har is salt and pepper colored and has a neatly trimed goatee. "Hello, how may I help you all?" he asks.

Blastin

First Post
Friar Blutok walks up to the counter,
" Hello Sir. We would like to ask you a few questions about your locks. We are looking into the dissapearance of some children at the orphanage, and we understand that you made the locks."

themind

Explorer
"Yeah, I made their locks. I've made locks for almost everyone in this city. It's what I do. Terrible thing though, those children grabbed up and all. Must be some very experinced lockpickers to be able to get in out without being noticed..

As he says this, you notice his eyes glance over to the curtain in a nervous way.

"What do you want to know about my locks?

This time, he looks at you and nods his head toward the curtain as if he's saying something is back there. His face looks serious and worried.

Catavarie

First Post
Sym noticing Master Ghelve seeming very nervous and motioning towards the curtain, levels his loaded Crossbow as he slowly moves towards the edge of the curtain.

Move Silent check = 18

"Master Ghelve, has anyone been by recently asking about a key that might open the locks at the Orphanage?"

Sym pulls open the curtain suddenly as his teammates ready their weapons, and quickly drops to one knee ready to fire.

Remove ads