D&D 5E Shadow Monk: Straight, or Monk/Rogue

G

Guest 6801328

Double proficiency in tumble for the AC bonuses or dodge mods would be a good switch as well. Especially for tumblers and jugglers that like to keep the attention of the enemy so the party can counter attack.

Now make sure your goblin is half way intelligent and has a high dex.

Stalking PC/NPC goblin shadow or Bounty Hunter lots of fun

What edition are we talking about here? Goblin? Proficiency in Tumble? For AC bonuses? Dodge mods? Jugglers? Bounty Hunter?

DwynnsPlace

First Post
Any and all Editions that a GM wishes to include Goblin Characters as PC or NPCs.

Throughout the development of all the D&D games, compendiums, Class mods from Handbooks, Magazine classes, or any other gamer source, Most Feats, Abilities, class mods, race mods, Skills and Proficiency are all adaptable to any other editions or games. Heck you can take a Pathfinder goblin and easily switch the character over to X-edition D&D. So....Use your imagination, confer with your DM/GM and have fun with new creations like say.....Hafling/goblin character.

It's all about having fun right?

G

Guest 6801328

Any and all Editions that a GM wishes to include Goblin Characters as PC or NPCs.

Throughout the development of all the D&D games, compendiums, Class mods from Handbooks, Magazine classes, or any other gamer source, Most Feats, Abilities, class mods, race mods, Skills and Proficiency are all adaptable to any other editions or games. Heck you can take a Pathfinder goblin and easily switch the character over to X-edition D&D. So....Use your imagination, confer with your DM/GM and have fun with new creations like say.....Hafling/goblin character.

It's all about having fun right?

Well heck in that case I'm going to play a Jedi.

DwynnsPlace

First Post
Sure and in a galaxy far far away. Where magic and Technology works hand in hand with the Force, a lone goblin Jedi leaves his swamp to travel to the great council meeting...

Thanks for GURPs, Rifts, and many other RPG's it would be easy to create a campaign for a young Jedi.....even Star Wars the RPG....

Hope you find that group and have a great time.

~DWYNN~

G

Guest 6801328

It does occur to me that a fun version would be to dip a few levels of Great Old One/Blade Warlock. I'm not sure it would actually improve your damage output, but with Mask of Many Faces and Devil's Sight you'd really be a rocking infiltrator/assassin. And the telepathy adds just the right amount of creepy.

nswanson27

First Post
So I play a shadow monk/rogue. I would say step of the wind is disappointing - you'll want all of your ki points for stunning (after level 5, that is). Also, arcane trickster is a very viable choice. Finally, I highly recommend mobility as a feat.

G

Guest 6801328

Finally, I highly recommend mobility as a feat.

Could you say more about that? Isn't the value of the primary benefit of Mobility somewhat diminished when you can teleport away with a bonus action?

FWIW, the feat I really want is Mage Slayer. Between teleporting within range, Sneak Attack, Sneak Attack as a Reaction, and Stunning Strike it could be really fun....

It does occur to me that a fun version would be to dip a few levels of Great Old One/Blade Warlock. I'm not sure it would actually improve your damage output, but with Mask of Many Faces and Devil's Sight you'd really be a rocking infiltrator/assassin. And the telepathy adds just the right amount of creepy.

I have been wanting to make a "Shadow Thief" based on Kensi from Lost Girl.

Starting out as a Rogue 1 - thief as she starts the show, then Warlock for 2 levels for Mask of Many Faces and Devil's Sight based on her Gypsy blood not a conscious pact, then she starts training to be a Shadow Monk to get in and get out of anywhere based on Dyson's training of her. Granted it will take 9 levels to eventually reach that concept.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
For this build, it's all about the bonus action economy.

Lot's of your perks rely on bonus actions. Flurry of blows/bonus attacks. Shadow step. Cunning action.

Taking the Mobile feat helps, in that it avoids the opportunity attack from the for you hit. Plus, you just will move really darn fast.

A typical strategy with Mobile feat is to shadow step to your foe, attack, then run 40'-50' away with no opportunity attack.

Rinse, repeat.

Adding two level of Warlock can indeed add to the fun with Devil's sight.

Cast darkness, then teleport away, then pound away at advantage.

Remove ads