Shadowdancer's Shade too strong ?

Rashak Mani

First Post
Ethereal companion with d6 Str drain ? Low hp´s granted but even magical weapons have 50% chance missing. Touch attack only make it easy to hit foes..

Even worse is if the shade drains someone of all its str... that person becomes a shade under the main shades command. You get to build a shade troupe in no time if the DM doesnt control you well enough.

Seems a little strong having the perfect spy creature hanging around like that.

Having played a rogue/shadowdancer and let me tell you, about the time you get a shadow, it only takes 1 hit from some lucky evil dude to mess up your whole day.

Not to mention losing 200 XP/lvl!

nameless

First Post
I agree. The shadows become a big liability since they are so easy to kill. Also, being incorporeal means that they can't manipulate material objects. Since fighting is so dangerous for them, they basically end up being scouts with a few perks. Also, a lot of people tend to judge you when you have a bunch of undead following you around and taking your orders. Due to all of this, I'm not a big fan of Shadowdancers =P.

-nameless

Chacal

First Post
Originally posted by Rashak Mani

Even worse is if the shade drains someone of all its str... that person becomes a shade under the main shades command. You get to build a shade troupe in no time if the DM doesnt control you well enough.

I would be concerned about this part, if I had to DM a PC Shadowdancer.

Maybe some of the monsters who can create spawn should have a limit (besides PCs :) ) to ensure they don't conquer big parts of the planet.

Chacal

Rashak Mani

First Post
Maybe use only the Shades extra followers too attack and keep the Main Shade aside only for scouting.

The shade might be vunerable... but against non magic wielding creatures its invunerable ! Hill Giants in my adventures case...

Remove ads