Shadowdark looks so good!

Dreamscape

Crafter of fine role-playing games
Funny, didn't see that at the top of their page with the other social stuff! Thanks,
Yes, oddly enough it doesn't seem to appear anywhere on their website or social media pages. I had to search the Arcane Library Facebook page to find it in a comment (on the principle that everyone has a Discord these days).

Jahydin

Hero
I have a few games under my belt now and still having a great time. The torch timer is so much fun. I love grinning at the party as they start talking off topic knowing they're just wasting their time...

Been using it for other things as well. For instance, when a player dived into a pond, I set a timer for how long they could hold their breath.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Reading over the quick rules and a question:

There are no saves vs spells? If the wiz rolls to cast charm it just works? The monster is charmed? Plus the wiz might retain the spell to cast again? Magic seems very powerful without saves plus you can keep casting the same spell unto you fail.

Also, auto finding and removing traps IF the player says they are searching makes them almost seem pointless. Though I guess that’s where random encounters come in

Arilyn

Hero
Reading over the quick rules and a question:

There are no saves vs spells? If the wiz rolls to cast charm it just works? The monster is charmed? Plus the wiz might retain the spell to cast again? Magic seems very powerful without saves plus you can keep casting the same spell unto you fail.
Most spells have no save, but it's fairly easy to fail a spell roll. A wizard could get unlucky and not succeed at a single spell all day. The spell rolls are, in effect, taking the place of foes' saves. Mathematically, it should work out about the same, just flavoured differently. It also means less rolling that the GM has to do. And of course there's the threat of mishaps on critical fails.

Remove ads