Shapechange question

Otterscrubber

First Post
Ok, so if I have shapechange I can turn into a dragon, among other things. Exactly what age category can I turn into? Can I just turn into a Great Wyrm Gold dragon, complete with AC, physical abilities and the rest of its extraordinary abilties or am I limited by anything?

Otterscrubber said:
Ok, so if I have shapechange I can turn into a dragon, among other things. Exactly what age category can I turn into? Can I just turn into a Great Wyrm Gold dragon, complete with AC, physical abilities and the rest of its extraordinary abilties or am I limited by anything?

I have no idea.

I love your name tho..... Otterscrubber. My god that's rofl funny......

joe b.

Otterscrubber said:
Glad I could bring some humor into your world. :)

It just keeps going on and on in my head....

A. Is he scrubbing the otter?
B. Is he using the otter as the scrubber?
C. Is he using an otter to scrub another otter?

Who knows! hehe :D

joe b.

gfunk

First Post
Otterscrubber said:

You get everything with the following limitations:

1) Your BAB remains the same.
2) Your Int, Cha, Wis remains the same.
3) You do not get the multiple attacks of the dragon (e.g 2 claws, bite, tail swipe, etc.)
4) No dragon feats (Hover, Snatch)
5) You lose all of your magical items (they are absorbed into your form)

Otherwise, Enjoy your 40+ AC and 40+ Str, ridiculous Blindisght and 33 SR!

kreynolds

First Post
What gfunk said, except that in 3.5, I don't think you get any of the extraordinary abilities, so no blindsight, spell resistance, scent, darkvision, low-light vision, etc.

Last edited:

Skaros

First Post
Its been confirmed that polymorph grants the natural attack routine of the creature, I believe, so I'm not sure why shapechange wouldn't also grant it...implying you would gain the multiple attack sequence of the dragon (claws, bite, tail slap, etc).

Skaros

Skaros

First Post
Iku Rex said:
Incorrect.

Nice. I'll post my source if you post yours :)

Shadowstar, in possession of the 3.5 player's handbook, answered this question in this thread

Here is the post from that thread:

Originally posted by ShadowStar
Originally posted by TheRaven
Hi there. First I'd like to thank you for your patience answering all those questions. I'm only interested in one single thing, that hasn't been asked so far (unless I missed it somehow).

The "new" polymorph spell. Does it grant the creatures attack routine ?

My druid could sleep a lot better knowing, that the answer is "yes". However, this shouldn't prevent you from writing "no" if that is the answer.

Yeah, they get the attack routine of the creature polymorphed into.

Last edited:

Remove ads