• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
RA:
[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
You wouldn't have to train her as a Swashbuckler, though she kind of does want to learn more about them. Witch is a fun class, but being a double-caster, it might be a bit dangerous for someone who is two levels behind to pick it--maybe some blend of Swashbuckler and something else could be cool--in particular Swashbuckler3/Something1 can make an excellent 4th-level cohort for a level 6 guy to have, where Something is a class with good stuff to cherry-pick at level 1 :)
Is there something She'd like to take? (Keep in mind, that if she tags along, she'd currently be an L2 semi-cohort for the moment, unless she'd start at L4 and just not earn EXP till later, since I'm only L4, unless I'd be getting a quick 2 level boost.

Troubador could be interesting, not sure about Jester or Sage. And that's all the Rowani classes. Wonder if there's another she'd qualify for beyond that?

The advantage of her being a witch, is if Kirkesh ever gets his own ship (which is a goal of his at some point), she could pilot it, and probably quite well. Not sure if there's another class she could pick up that could cast/pilot but wasn't a double caster.
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Keia said:
Well, I was a one-liner, which made it quicker as well.

Keia
Who's not certain he phrased that correctly
I know most people break into laughter when I say "Keia", though I think that's because it sounds like the car company.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Bront said:
I know most people break into laughter when I say "Keia", though I think that's because it sounds like the car company.
Yeah, but I was here long before them (1984, actually) . . . and I'll be here long after. :)

Keia
And in fact that is how it is pronounced

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront:
[SBLOCK]
:lol:

Hmmm...some sort of Swashbuckler3 + RoguishCaster1 could work well--its got a few self-buff spells, skills, Sneak Attack, and a bunch of useful Swashbuckler abilities (including Precise Strike, so she could have 1d6 extra no matter what and another 1d6 if flanking)
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil
[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
:lol:

Hmmm...some sort of Swashbuckler3 + RoguishCaster1 could work well--its got a few self-buff spells, skills, Sneak Attack, and a bunch of useful Swashbuckler abilities (including Precise Strike, so she could have 1d6 extra no matter what and another 1d6 if flanking)
Where is Rogish Caster from? I don't see it on your list of classes in any of the worlds.

Witch 2 Swash 2 could be interesting. So could RC 2 Swash 2. Problem is both would need to be typed up ;)[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront:
[SBLOCK]
RoguishCaster doesn't exist, its just an archetype, hence the 'some sort of' :p Witch2/Swash2 or RC2/Swash2, though from a mechanical perspective, the third level of Swashbuckler is really quite worth taking ;)
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil:
[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
RoguishCaster doesn't exist, its just an archetype, hence the 'some sort of' :p Witch2/Swash2 or RC2/Swash2, though from a mechanical perspective, the third level of Swashbuckler is really quite worth taking ;)
Yes, it is, even if she never takes any more. Since it's delt with for no armor, it's nice. Elderich Infultrator is a good idea for a rougish caster, though the Witch might be a more natural Rowani progression. We'll see when she's done with her initial training ;)

If you could write up the witch, or at least give me the basics, that might be good. I could see her looking for something with lets her do shapechanging too. Is witch a Wizard/Druid combo?
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads