Shark World Inc

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
I haven't thought much on psionics becasue I never use them. I have nothing against them, but my platers have never had any interest in them so it was never a factor.

Honestly I dont deal in psionics much (at all) either, which is why I have been hesitant to press the idea, but I do think they would fit the setting well.

But what I want to know.... is what your platers have to do with anything...

Crothian said:
What's the psionic Template and where is it found?

The template is in the psionics hbk.

Crothian said:
Before adding DRs to the big 4, I think we should add class levels and see how that goes. While I like adding the definition and concept it adds, at some point their power really will be getting out of hand.

I completely agree. But since they *ARE* being worshipped to a degree, Divine Rank 0 or so is something we should consider...

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

The template is in the psionics hbk.

I completely agree. But since they *ARE* being worshipped to a degree, Divine Rank 0 or so is something we should consider...

Guess I need to dig out the psionics handbook. I don't even recall that template in there. One the plus side that book is still in perfect condition

From the beginning I think we all knew they would get DRs of some sort. Least none of them will have Outsider levels for us to mess with. :D

drowdude

First Post
Crothian said:
Guess I need to dig out the psionics handbook. I don't even recall that template in there. One the plus side that book is still in perfect condition

The template is in the very beginng of the monsters section.

Kalanyr

Explorer
If all the gods died what happened to the fiends and celestials and the other divine servitors/outer planar races like Slaadi and such, or the Demon Princes like Orcus ? I just like throwing out random ideas.

Aeolius

Adventurer
In BPAA, I do allow for psionics. I added beasties such as the brainacle (limpet mind) and migraine haddock, among others (more appropriately named). I also have a hydromancer PrC, which is tied to the Biocurrent; a massive psonic demigod of sorts, which exists on Oerth as a current of water

Crothian

First Post
Kalanyr said:
If all the gods died what happened to the fiends and celestials and the other divine servitors/outer planar races like Slaadi and such, or the Demon Princes like Orcus ? I just like throwing out random ideas.

The gods lived on the planet. So, really nothing happened to these things they were never in the picture.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Howdy guys, I am new to this so bear with me.

I am thinking about creating an ice elf village/island and I have some questions.

WHat is the availability of wood and metal?

What types of metal are common?

Do I get carte blanche to do what I'd like?

Is there a pantheon or just the four remaining gods?

How often would the sea dwellers attack the landlobers?

Crothian

First Post
trentonjoe said:

Everyone is pretty new to this. All help is welcomed and we are glad to have you aboard. And yes, the water/ship related puns rise to the top.

I am thinking about creating an ice elf village/island and I have some questions.

Sounds good, we need to get some things like that developed. And the questions will help develope the world.

The elves have Pine forests and will have magic that allows many plants to growon the glaciers. Metal is much rarer. In the ages past it was mined and processed. Much is now lying on the ocen floor, sunk in ships or dropped in any one of the great sea battles.

The dwarves are going to have a few active mines. THis is how they were able to stay alive. THey have superior metal weapons and armor.

Unfortuantely I'm not a metalurgist, so other then Iron ore, I'm not sure of what else would be common. Copper and silver would to some degree, and gold would be much rarer. THere is the possibility of any of the "special ores" like adamantine or mythral.

Pretty much. Right now there are about a half dozen or so threads going on with Shark World stuff. So, I or someone else may chime in and say that what you are doing goes against X or whatever.

Just the four that are living. There are 4 other very powerful creatures that are going to be very low Divine Rank.

Not often at all unless the land dwellers go far out into the ocean. The sea dwellers trade some with the land people, but for the most part ignore tem. There will be the occasional exception of course. I'd say that once every two months (one average ) a boat in deep water is attacked. Once every three or four months, a shallow water attack happens. And maybe once a year the sea people will raid the land.

There is nothing on land that the sea dwellars need. For the most part the sea people are better off and have greater tech.

I hope this helps.

drowdude

First Post
trentonjoe said:

Kewl :)

trentonjoe said:

Fairly limited in most areas I would imagine... especially in the arctic regions... however it's easy to imagine the elves devising a way to maintain a forest or 2...

trentonjoe said:

Nothing along those lines has been hashed out... tha arctic region could have some long stretches of mountainous land in addition to the continental-type glaciers. So you could conceivable give them access to whatever you wanted...

trentonjoe said:

We are kinda running on commitee here... but more or less, yeah, go crazy... if anyone has a problem with something I am sure they will speak up ( I certainly will ;) )

trentonjoe said:

Just the 4 remaining gods and the 4 semi-divine creatures for now... but if you wanted to create a ice-elf-goddess (SHIVA!)... the elves and such usually have a seperate god or 2 anyways... I certainly wouldnt object.... in fact I think that is a *really* good idea... I think I want to write that part up myself... :p

trentonjoe said:

Well it depends on the region and on how accessible the land-dwellers make their settlements... I imagine towns/villages located by the sea get attacked rather frequently... but the elves will likely have most of their settlements well hidden I would imagine...

Last edited:

Remove ads