Shifter = instant army

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
AuraSeer said:
Note that the Shifter will not have control over the newly created slaads; he'd create an army all right, but it'd have its own purposes and goals.
Agreed. But it's a good terror tactic nonetheless - rampaging the enemy's countryside...

Zhure

First Post
After checking the SRD, turns out Corporeal Instability is (SU) so it's out anyway.

But "Immune to Transformation (Ex): No mortal magic can affect or fix a chaos beast’s form. Effects such as polymorph or petrification force the creature into a new shape for a moment, but it immediately returns to its mutable form as a free action." being extraordinary is kewl shifter trick.

After rereading the Wildshape rules, I notice the Elemental aspects of Wildshape are really good now. Zoinks.
Greg

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
I don't have a PHB handy, but I think Wild Shape requires some familiarity with the animal whose form you intend to take.

In most cases, this can be covered with a few days of down-time and a number of Summon Nature's Ally spells. You just summon up whatever you haven't seen in person yet and get a good look at it.

As far as spell references, Wild Shape works as Polymorph Other/Self, unless otherwise noted.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Unless I'm missing something, you can't implant an egg if you wild shape into a slaad:

From the SRD entery for Polymorph Other:
Any part of the body or piece of equipment that is separated from the whole reverts to its original form.

The egg would revert to its natural form after it left your body.

--Asexual Spikey

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
SpikeyFreak said:
The egg would revert to its natural form after it left your body.

It certainly couldn't be done with a poly self, but I'm not sure what the "revised" wildshape rules are... and I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up.

Xarlen

First Post
So, if the egg goes back into the wildshape, then does any poison the Druid uses in Wildshape go back into the druid when she changes, too?

Rowenstin

First Post
I dont know if that has changed with MotW, but if wildshape still mimics polymorph yes, you cant use poison. Yoy need a shapechange spell to do that.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Wild Shape grants the Extraordinary abilities of the creature whose form you assume. I think pretty much all of the poisons are Extraordinary abilities.

Xarlen

First Post
Ok, now, given that Druids can use it, here's the thing:

If our Druid(Slaad) implants an egg, does it:

1) Go away when she wildshapes normally, or
2) Stay.

How is poison handled? Does it too go away once you change?

Then, assuming poison stays, would not the egg?

Remove ads