Shifter = instant army

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Note that the Shifter will not have control over the newly created slaads; he'd create an army all right, but it'd have its own purposes and goals. You'd get the same effect by summoning a slaad, having it implant somebody, and then letting the original one go back home.

Xarlen

First Post
That's right folks. What does this mean?

Implanting Cows without the problems of Summoning!

Slaad farming is back in business.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I don't see this as a problem at all.

If a PC shifter decides to do this, I'd let him. And then when the slaad have reached a respectable number (fifty, maybe), I'd make them turn on their creator and tear him to bits. Then the slaad can terrorize the countryside, and the "hero" will be not-so-fondly remembered as the cause of much pain and suffering.

If an NPC shifter decides to do this, then I just send the part of PCs to the scene to stop him. :D

Either way, everyone involved gets what they deserve....

Whats a Slaad?

I know what one is but would the average shifter? That is one problem with shapchanging in DnD. Too often DM's let their druids shift into creatures they have never seen before in their life.

Before I let a shifter become a slaad I would require that he meet one first. The same way that an illusionist can only really create realistic illusions of creatures he or she was seen before.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
At 9th level they can change into an outsider.

Doesn't anything that separates itself from the character who is wildshaping evaporate or revert into some part of the druids original form or something like that.

I can't find anything about it in the SRD. Wild Shape keeps talking about "the spell" but there is no wild shape spell.

Someone with a PHB care to help me out here?

--Farmer Spikey

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
CRGreathouse said:
Summoning won't work, as the eggs will leave when the slaad does. You'd need to use other forms of magic.
Yeah. That was pretty much the conclusion of the slaad farming thread... :p

Remove ads