Shilsen's Eberron SH (Finished - The Last Word : 9/20/15)

shilsen

Adventurer
Another great chapter.

Thanks.

Ps I may have asked this before but is there anywhere which has the physical descriptions of the characters? (what they look like how they dress etc)

I think some descriptions might have showed up in posts earlier, but I can't think of a specific one. I'll ask the players to post something about that and, if someone doesn't, then I'll do it.

carborundum

Adventurer
An excellent read as usual - totally made my day at work! Printed it out to read at lunchtime, had to explain to a few kids what it was, now a few have started checking out enworld and asking if an rpg session at school is out of the question :)

All down to the Shilmaster ;-)

Rackhir

Explorer
Another great chapter.

Ps I may have asked this before but is there anywhere which has the physical descriptions of the characters? (what they look like how they dress etc)

You did about a year and a half ago actually.

It doesn't have descriptions, but the Rogues Gallery for the SH is here.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...ues-gallery-shilsens-saturday-story-hour.html

The descriptions we'd posted are here on this page, about half way down.

May 2009

Well Six should look something like a male version of the android in this. Since his name is a elaborate reference to it (Mythril 6 of 6 - AKA M-66).

Luna is typically an either an ENORMOUS bear or a tendriculous. Both bloated compared to regular creatures. One of Mordain's "improvements" makes her shape shifted forms a size class larger and extremely fat (you see one of her symbiotes was making Luna's shifter/real form fat and this was... unacceptable, so it got changed to making her druid animal forms "fat"). This actually led to one of the few instances where anyone was able to change her player's mind about something. For some reason she had fixated on getting a flying carpet (which nobody else was interested in for many reasons) and we tried using reason and logic (which failed of course).

Until frustrated I pointed out "Weight capacity of the largest carpet 800 lb. Weight of avg Dire Bear (then her favorite form) 8,000 lb! Luna >> heavier than the avg Dire Bear. DO THE MATH!
Oh..."

Recently she has started using the 1,000 faces ability and a necklace she found in the mournlands (still waiting on the blowback from that) to "enhance" her appearance (to what ever strikes her) as she boffs what ever noble has taken her fancy this week.

Korm. Well I always pictured him as something like an orcish version of the nazi who was punching out Indy and ate a propeller in the original film. Korm wears a similar amount of clothing (he depends on magic for his AC) and and a similar love of fighting. His only other real distinguishing characteristic is his big meteoric steel sword. Korm is really pretty much more of a walking mass of rules abuses, than an actual character. Shil took one look at the original concept and said "Uh. No." and nerfed a bunch of stuff since he would have been dishing out more damage than the rest of the group combined.

Here's the description from when he was first introduced.
This one is a large and heavily muscled half-orc, with a scarred and remarkably ugly visage. He wears no armor and has on a long hooded robe, worn over clothing with tribal markings on it. He also carries an unusual-looking sword strapped to his back.

To be honest it was never something I gave much thought to. But here's a compilation of some of the the aspects that have come up in the past with a degree of elaboration.

Nameless typically uses a hat of disguise to appear extremely nondescript and forgettable. Unless someone looks into his eyes, as no magic can disguise the insanity lurking within.

Without the hat of disguise or to those capable of True Seeing, his eyes glow with the characteristic blue glow of a permanent Arcane Sight. As a result of his Transcendence, his left arm is now a tentacle of an indefinable purple color that normal minds can never quite nail down the exact color of or that appears exactly the same purple twice. Of course random parts of his anatomy also tend to behave in ways that would disturb normal witnesses.

His forehead used to bear the mark of Cyäegha, a stylized eyeball with wavy tentacles for eyelashes. Though only those most versed in the lore of Xoriat would know it's meaning. Cyäegha is one of The Great Old Ones, Nameless's patron and the entity to which Kha'tvan'ga will deliver him when his life span has elapsed.

Since achieving Transcendence (AKA hitting lv 10 in Alienist), the mark has mutated into an Abberant Dragonmark that allows him to assume an Aspect of Cyäegha and when doing so he assumes many of the physical characteristics of his patron. The tentacles now cover his entire forehead, Even when not manifesting the aspect and the eye is an actual eye on a stalk. Some of the Aspect is visible to those with True Seeing, even when he is not manifesting the Aspect.

There is a faint popping sound and then the skin splits in two-inch long sections all over his body. Dozens of eyes push themselves out of the splits, and a couple of seconds later, Nameless’ face and arms – and, beneath his clothing, the rest of his body – is covered with the orbs, each rolling back and forth as it peers in a different direction. Each eye is a facsimile of the one on his forehead.

His skin tends to have a greenish tinge.

He wears no set style or color of clothing. Instead, picking them to satisfy some arcane and obscure set of criteria (nobody has ever stayed sane through one of his explanations) which might sometime result in fashion disasters or fashion trends, if any ever saw them. Few clothes tend to survive very long in his line of work anyway.

Like all of the Angels, he is covered with a fine network of scars and strange modifications as a result of Mordain Fleshweaver's experimentations and augmentations.

With regards to how Gareth looks. Well, having a high charisma, being in a family that believes in honor, duty, loyalty, and courtly ways he follows a fairly stereo-typical look for a paladin.

6'4"
Muscular build/cut
Brown hair that goes down to the shoulder
Blue eyes
Chiseled features
Dresses in formal clothing, but primarily in very well polished full plate armor with a cloak that has his family crest
Gareth stands up straight and acts as proper as possible

Well Six should look something like a male version of the android in this. Since his name is a elaborate reference to it (Mythril 6 of 6 - AKA M-66).

Luna is typically an either an ENORMOUS bear or a tendriculous. Both bloated compared to regular creatures. One of Mordain's "improvements" makes her shape shifted forms a size class larger and extremely fat (you see one of her symbiotes was making Luna's shifter/real form fat and this was... unacceptable, so it got changed to making her druid animal forms "fat"). This actually led to one of the few instances where anyone was able to change her player's mind about something. For some reason she had fixated on getting a flying carpet (which nobody else was interested in for many reasons) and we tried using reason and logic (which failed of course).

Until frustrated I pointed out "Weight capacity of the largest carpet 800 lb. Weight of avg Dire Bear (then her favorite form) 8,000 lb! Luna >> heavier than the avg Dire Bear. DO THE MATH!
Oh..."

Recently she has started using the 1,000 faces ability and a necklace she found in the mournlands (still waiting on the blowback from that) to "enhance" her appearance (to what ever strikes her) as she boffs what ever noble has taken her fancy this week.

Korm. Well I always pictured him as something like an orcish version of the nazi who was punching out Indy and ate a propeller in the original film. Korm wears a similar amount of clothing (he depends on magic for his AC) and and a similar love of fighting. His only other real distinguishing characteristic is his big meteoric steel sword. Korm is really pretty much more of a walking mass of rules abuses, than an actual character. Shil took one look at the original concept and said "Uh. No." and nerfed a bunch of stuff since he would have been dishing out more damage than the rest of the group combined.

Here's the description from when he was first introduced.

With regards to how Gareth looks. Well, having a high charisma, being in a family that believes in honor, duty, loyalty, and courtly ways he follows a fairly stereo-typical look for a paladin.

6'4"
Muscular build/cut
Brown hair that goes down to the shoulder
Blue eyes
Chiseled features
Dresses in formal clothing, but primarily in very well polished full plate armor with a cloak that has his family crest
Gareth stands up straight and acts as proper as possible

View Post
Rackhir said:
Korm. Well I always pictured him as something like an orcish version of the nazi who was punching out Indy and ate a propeller in the original film.

That's pretty close, actually.

Here's the picture that was one of the inspirations for Korm.

kormakhan1.jpg

That's basically him, but with the following big sword, made of meteoric iron, instead of the staff.

kormsjovar.png

He's about as unkempt as that picture, if slightly less hairy. At any given time he's probably eating some sort of fast food, covered in mind-blastingly-spicy orcish sauce. (One of his ambitions is to retire and open a chain of orcish restaurants, specializing in heavily spiced stewed meats full of cream, ground nuts, and magical Fire Seeds. Naturally the name of the chain will be Korma Khan.)

Rackhir said:
Korm is really pretty much more of a walking mass of rules abuses, than an actual character..

Hey! He's an actual character and a walking mass of rules abuses. :D

Rackhir said:
Shil took one look at the original concept and said "Uh. No." and nerfed a bunch of stuff since he would have been dishing out more damage than the rest of the group combined. .

A darkwood sword plus the Spikes spell is pretty ridiculous, indeed.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
An excellent read as usual - totally made my day at work! Printed it out to read at lunchtime, had to explain to a few kids what it was, now a few have started checking out enworld and asking if an rpg session at school is out of the question :)

All down to the Shilmaster ;-)
That's awesome. There's nothing like catching potential gamers early and I think roleplaying games are a damn fun teaching tool.

I've actually run a quick adventure in a first-year composition course (so for 20 students, almost all non-gamers) as an exercise in creating a text, adapting to audience, use of critical thinking, etc. The students played themselves in the adventure, dealing with a zombie attack on the campus, using d20s and a "character sheet" consisting of three qualities which I had each jot down for themselves before we began. There was lots of creativity and teamwork, some really amusing moments, a couple of heroic sacrifices, etc. and an awesome climactic battle between the surviving students and the evil mastermind creating the zombies using black magic and too much weed (who was actually a student from the course who had dropped out, in part because he was spending too much time on weed). The students loved it and the exercise gave me a very good reference I could refer back to throughout the rest of the semester.

Rackhir

Explorer
Will there be more Guardian Angels goodness?

Probably not real soon. Shil is very busy with job hunting and a <classified non-gaming project>.

OTOH, Sepulchrave has updated his AWESOME SH something like 6 times in the past two months which is more than we usually get from him in a year.

This is the master thread of all the story hour threads that make it up.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-hour/58227-tales-wyre.html

I take a certain proprietary interest in that SH, since I was one of the people who posted in his original thread asking what he should do about the potential romance between Nehael and Eadric and bumped it occasionally during the long months with no updates from him. Also we most likely would not have had Nameless without Mostin.

Last edited:

carborundum

Adventurer
Sepulchrave's SH has been so good the last few months, I'm absolutely over the moon about it :)

Sagiro is slightly overdue for an update but I'm rereading the collected works so that's okay. Hope you guys are all doing okay, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the Angels adventures when the time is (stars are?) right.

Remove ads