Should I cancel amazon pre order and order from buy.com?

daddystabz

Explorer
Well, I will be cancelling all my preorders for D&D 4e to make sure that WotC doesn't get anymore of my money and stick with Castles and Crusades, a much better product. The Crusaders from Trollords have been teasing me profusely that I ever had any interest in 4e but after this move effectively holding up my order, I will ensure Wizards doesn't get my money. I wonder if I can still return KotS.

Last edited:

Stomphoof

First Post
daddystabz said:
Well, I will be cancelling all my preorders for D&D 4e to make sure that WotC doesn't get anymore of my money and stick with Castles and Crusades, a much better product. The Crusaders from Trollords have been teasing me profusely that I ever had any interest in 4e but after this move effectively holding up my order, I will ensure Wizards doesn't get my money. I wonder if I can still return KotS.

Sooo you are angry that you wont get your books earlier then the actual release date of June 6th?

Thats kinda funny actually.

See ya later!

I put my preorder in this morning on Amazon.com for the Gift Set with 2 day shipping, coming out to a like $69 dollars. 3 of the books for dirt cheap? Whats not to love! I will happily wait as my roomate is gonna get her PHB on Friday June 6th from our Local Gaming Store (which is like 30ish minutes away, boo).

I feel bad for all the folks who live in rural area's and dont have gaming stores around. I used to be the same. It SUCKED.

MarkAHart

Explorer
daddystabz said:

Well, allrighty then...

Gravedust

First Post
malraux said:
Anyone know if the pre-order extra 5% off will carry through to the $57 price and make the price $54 something?

Yes it does... also, the price is adjusted when it drops due to their pre-order price guarantee. I had ordered mine in the low 60s, and now it's at the 57 dollar price.

And with the rises in gas and food prices, I don't feel bad ordering from Amazon over my LGS. I never was loyal to them before, I've ordered alot more from Amazon than from them in the past. Plus in some areas, the FLGS is a B&N.

I don't like the early leaked products though, it's one of the advantages the local stores have. Of course I don't understand WotC release schedule... I mean a DM screen coming out in August?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
This is the Rouse today (and for the next few days)
By the way, I think we all appreciate your hard work and being here, even if it's probably pretty hard and less than pleasant these days (well, I'd be totally mad, if I'd see my stuff leaked and pirated - and talked about). And respect the work you and the rest WotC have put into this game.

Keep the work up, and I hope to see you guys here more often after this mess is over!

Cheers, LT.

LEHaskell

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
This is the Rouse today (and for the next few days).

4.jpg

Dude! You shaved!

Seriously: My FLGS owner was very pleased to hear that you are actively pursuing actions against those responsible. As a someone who works for a regulatory agency, I know that it's no fun enforcing what should be a no-brainer. Just remember: as much as you'd enjoy using that shot-gun, the briefcase (or the attached lawyer) does more damage.

BadMojo

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
I think some people are *very* unhappy, right now.

Could be worse. At least people seem to clamoring to buy the books.

I'll be skipping buy.com since they seem to have a habit of not shipping things when they say they will. They seem to have big problems tracking their inventory.

As for instant gratification, why not buy something as soon as possible if you really want it? It's really not my problem if Store A breaks a street date...that's between them and the publisher. If it's on sale and I want it, I'll buy it. No moral dilemma.

Aristotle

First Post
I wonder if the wave of cancellations as people tried to get in on the buy.com deal is what caused the increase in savings at Amazon. Either way, I just placed an order with Amazon. I didn't see anything about an extra 5% for preordering though. Maybe that ship has sailed?

Remove ads