• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should I cancel amazon pre order and order from buy.com?

thundershot

Adventurer
I ordered mine on amazon a while back. I've got a gift set and an additional player's handbook for my wife. the grand total for all of it was 81 dollars and some change. Basically a little over 20 bucks a book. I sure can't complain waiting a few extra days...

Chris

Blackeagle

First Post
One thing to consider if you're thinking about ordering from Buy.com at this point: I'm guessing they may have some trouble getting additional books from WotC after this screwup.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
JohnRTroy said:
I just wish people would learn some patience. Everybody is getting so damn spoiled with Instant Internet Gratification and "gotta have it now" syndrome. Let's just say that by the middle of June we can all play/read D&D 4e and be done with it...

Did you know that when Dickens was writing the Old Curiosity Shop as a serial, people waited at the docks in New York to ask people right off the ship from England if Little Nell was still alive? When they could have waited a few weeks for the serial to get printed in American publications? It's easy to blame "Instant Internet Gratification", but people just don't change that much.

bert1000

First Post
Blackeagle said:
One thing to consider if you're thinking about ordering from Buy.com at this point: I'm guessing they may have some trouble getting additional books from WotC after this screwup.

Yeah, I ordered the set yesterday from Buy with 1 day shipping to try and squeeze one out, but it says "sent to warehouse".

If it doesn't ship by Friday, I will cancel.

daddystabz

Explorer
I put an order through Buy.com last night at around 10pm eastern and it changed in status last night to "sent to warehouse" but it has been saying that all day today too and has not been sent to shipping yet. I even ordered 2 business day express shipping. I am worried and wondering if maybe they caught the mistake and are holding new orders now till the release date. Their site also says that they do not charge your card until the item ships but my card has already been charged in full.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Piratecat said:
I wonder how big a fine stores pay when they break the ship date on something like this? Anyone know?

When I worked at Best Buy, movie and CD's were I think either $500 per unit sold or $5000. I'm thinking it's the latter but that was many a year ago.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Well, while I know people will go to midnight showings and stuff for books, etc, I'm actually talking about the people who try to get it before "street date", or who order by mail order and don't account for time, or who keep cancelling orders with one reliable service (or their usual vendor) to try to get it faster.

The sad thing is, buy.com has a worse reputation than Amazon when it comes to customer service, and they make up for cheap costs by shipping charges.

I think what's gonna happen is this--those hoping buy.com will get the books out faster will be disappointed after they find out they won't ship earlier, those that stay with buy.com might find their books come later than Amazon.com, and those that try to go back to Amazon.com will have lost their pre-order spot and be at the end of the line for the product release, so if Amazon runs out of stock they are SOL.

So that's why I'm stressing patience. I've learned to have patience because I get mail-order comics twice a month so I get the comics about 2-3 weeks after the "street release", so I'm always behind the curve.

Remove ads