• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should I cancel amazon pre order and order from buy.com?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
I think some people are *very* unhappy, right now.

Well, understandably unhappy. I wished that launch would go more smoothly, especially after seeing KotS was pretty much as planned (okay two or three days early, plus sanctioned preview copies).

Cheers, LT.

Zogmo

First Post
Back in 1984 I worked at a department store that had a toy department. We got in a shipment of stuffed critters based on the movie Gremlins.
We got them about a month before the movie came out and we were told that if anyone got caught even opening a box to see what they looked like (since it was a big mystery then) they would be fired on the spot.
And of course some people just had to see what the fuss was all about and got fired.
This is all of course serious business to the advertisers and promotion people. Makes their job very difficult when things get out of their sphere of control.

Mercule

Adventurer
I went out and started putting an order on buy.com. I got to the totals page and found that it isn't the same price as Amazon. It's $10 more after they add shipping and handling. I'm not paying the overnight cost, either, which is much more.

So, assume I'll get the books -- at earliest -- by next Tuesday. Amazon says I'll get mine on the 10th. So, I'm paying $10 for a week? And this is from guys who are known for bungling (maybe intentionally) their agreements and shipping? No thanks. I can wait a week. If it was worth the extra money to me, I'd rather give it to my LGS, friendly or not.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
I just wish people would learn some patience. Everybody is getting so damn spoiled with Instant Internet Gratification and "gotta have it now" syndrome. Let's just say that by the middle of June we can all play/read D&D 4e and be done with it...

phil500

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Wow, I just check the buy.com site ... the 4E rulebooks are up 4000%, ranked #1 in today's sales.

Price is higher than Amazon, though.

i think they raised it. when I started the thread it was 63 with shipping, now its showing up as 68.

prolly an auto-reaction to sales going up so much so dramatically.

Player's Handbook I: A 4th Edition Core Rulebook (Dungeons & Dragons)
Today's Rank: 2
Yesterday's Rank: 2636

Dausuul

Legend
I have learned two things from all this.

#1, if you want to get something before it's scheduled to be released, order it on buy.com.
#2, if you want to release something on schedule, don't let buy.com have any.

kristov

Explorer
BUY.com has the absolute worst customer service of any place Ive ever purchased from on line.

I would NOT buy from them - in fact:

1) never will again
2) will constantly repeat this to anyone who listens due to the horrible service they provided

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I really feel bad for Rouse and WotC. This sucks big time for them. A friend of mine ordered them right after the thread started on rpg.net and they shipped and he should have them tomorrow or Thursday so I'll get a peek.

It kinda sucks though, call me an uber geek but I actually took off of work on the 6th just to sit and read them all day. Seems like a lot of that will be ruined tomorrow and with all of these threads, but oh well... At least its generating a lot of enthusiasm! :)

Remove ads