Should this PC implant the Eye of Vecna?

Should this PC implant the Eye of Vecna

• Yes.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • No.

Votes: 12 27.9%

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Of course he should. It's a strong power-up, plus it gives license for all sort of narrative complications. Sounds fun to me!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Answer the question with a question: How badly do you want to be screwed over, in the long run? :)

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
In-Game: If the character is intelligent and wise (which it sounds like he is), then of course not. He doesn't have a strong enough allegiance to Vecna to make it worth it. The power might be tempting, but I think he could see it's not worth it, as he won't really get to use the power unless the Eye lets him.

Out-Of-Game: If he wants to give you some proactive control over his character so you can play up complications, then sure, go for it. If he wants to keep more of that on himself, with you just reacting to the stuff he does in-game, then no, he shouldn't.

urLordy

First Post
The character (and player) should think about it more. After all, this is a momentous decision worth pondering. Then try to force the decision while on an adventure, preferably as part of an urgent high stakes.

pemerton

Legend
In my Goblins of Eberron campaign I gave out the Eye at 7th level, and it was awesome.
Good to hear.

At the level your party is at, will it's attack powers still be useful?
The player in question liked the sound of an attack that renders him invis to the target, but he can get that with just the Moonstone Sphere. The Eye's at-will, for 2d6+stat (+5 enh) and OG 5 would be a bit of a last resort. The real attraction of implanting the Eye is the daily aura of clarity.

Plus the Vecna hot-line. At this level, I would have thought the player might aim to turn Vecna as much as the more traditional vice versa.

Celebrim

Legend
Plus the Vecna hot-line. At this level, I would have thought the player might aim to turn Vecna as much as the more traditional vice versa.

Look at it this way: there is no provided save or defense versus the visual delusions.

This is not merely color.

Remove ads