D&D 5E Silver thread and golden needles

GuyBoy

Hero
Agreed.
I was thinking more Return to Forge of Fury, with an angle that the dwarves halls, having been cleared years ago, have been repopulated by......other things.
Possibly even place it in the Yatils and link to Tsojcanth and Tharizdun story arc?

Separately, I really enjoyed the 2E (I think), Axe of the Dwarvish Lords, though maybe it would be a bit too dungeon-y for modern tastes.

And then, of course, there’s the awesome Night Below ( which already has a thread going about it).

Tsojcanth would benefit from a "return to" take. It's a cracking classic dungeon. With Van Richten's Guide out now, a Return to the House on Gryphon Hill would be cool. Set the levels to pick up right after Curse of Strahd and I bet plenty of folks would want to continue that story. Just (as I've said before here) make sure you change the ending so you're not just watching it happen.

Stormonu

Legend
The reason that they keep going back to the old TSR modules is that until 5th edition, WotC has never really been much in the adventure business. 3rd edition had a couple of dungeon modules right after launch and then four Forgotten Realms adventures towards the end, and that was it, as far as I can recall.
By that time, Dungeon was pretty much the avenue for adventure publishing (ending with the adventure path).

Red Hand of Doom is a 3E adventure that was well-liked and might be ripe for a silver treatment.

Yora

Legend
Oh yeah, somehow completely forgot about that being a thing. I guess the distribution format kept the adventures from being known by a wider audience, though.

GuyBoy

Hero
Red Hand of Doom would be a great basis for golden treatment.

Talking of Dungeon magazine, I loved many of their adventures with Tears for Twilight Hollow being my overall favourite.

I’d still favour a Tsojcanth/Tharizdun campaign in the Yatils overall, but so many great ideas on here.

Yora

Legend
Totally forgot Red Hand of Doom as well...

I guess that one is without competition for being the big famous 3rd edition adventure. Not just because there was barely any competition, but lots of people still really seem to love it. Which makes it even more strange that it's the only one of its kind. Maybe didn't sell as well as splatbooks?

Stormonu

Legend
One of the reasons WotC backed away from adventures by 3.5E was that they were, at best, selling them to only 1/5th of their audience (assuming 1 DM + 4 players). Splatbooks, they could sell to everyone.

That’s part of the reason why the 5E superadventures have player content in them these days.

Remove ads